Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

rocketbob

I love the idea of lasers and projectors. I seem to remember Steve saying in the first season or so that those on ice projectors cost in the 6 or 7 figures. At those prices I would take a new intro by Sully and a better squad on the ice.

I imagine that lasers would be more reasonable.

Slartibartfast

That would be an insult to Lou's legacy, Gagnon was a goon, Lou was an enforcer.

Big big difference
One teams enforcer is another teams goon. In his last 2 seasons in the EIHL he had less penalty minutes than Louis and twice the points. I liked Louis and am sorry he has gone but we need another tough guy to replace him and they don't come much tougher than Gagnon. Also interesting how he has not signed anywhere yet. Im probably wrong though as its pure guesswork.

One teams enforcer is another teams goon. In his last 2 seasons in the EIHL he had less penalty minutes than Louis and twice the points. I liked Louis and am sorry he has gone but we need another tough guy to replace him and they don't come much tougher than Gagnon. Also interesting how he has not signed anywhere yet. Im probably wrong though as its pure guesswork.

Attachments

kettdevil1

I am not sure the exact order but Lou and Gagnon were the two toughest players in the league last year. The fact that both have gone indicates the changing nature of both the EIHL and hockey in general.

Looking at the rosters so far, only (maybe) Dundee seem prepared for an old fashioned brawl, everyone else seems to be going for skill over brawn

Wannabe2

I am not sure the exact order but Lou and Gagnon were the two toughest players in the league last year. The fact that both have gone indicates the changing nature of both the EIHL and hockey in general.

Looking at the rosters so far, only (maybe) Dundee seem prepared for an old fashioned brawl, everyone else seems to be going for skill over brawn
Don’t forget the Clan, they have Sol and Stevenson, these guys will fight anyone.

Swarley

Because he will be 37 by the end of the season, time catches up with everyone. He is also not the player he was a few seasons ago.
I'd argue that was down to who he was partnered with and the little to no effort given last season from his D partner.

Lou's season under skalde was an awkward one, he was faster than previous seasons and seemed to be tuning in his one timer which was great in my opinion, but once skalde left and Dupont took over he just suffered like majority of the team did. He was even benched for 7 straight games because of the coach playing favourites which left him frustrated and unhappy, especially when he was needed on the ice more than Reid was, but Lou has moved on and I have a feeling that if the season does turn out to be a hard one for the Devils because they lack an ice marshall on the ice he would come back if asked because he loves the club and respects the owners.

Rempel16

I'd argue that was down to who he was partnered with and the little to no effort given last season from his D partner.

Lou's season under skalde was an awkward one, he was faster than previous seasons and seemed to be tuning in his one timer which was great in my opinion, but once skalde left and Dupont took over he just suffered like majority of the team did. He was even benched for 7 straight games because of the coach playing favourites which left him frustrated and unhappy, especially when he was needed on the ice more than Reid was, but Lou has moved on and I have a feeling that if the season does turn out to be a hard one for the Devils because they lack an ice marshall on the ice he would come back if asked because he loves the club and respects the owners.
Has he not signed anywhere else, Swarley?

moggy#9

Richardson is 36 same as louis so age isn't a reason.
As Indiana Jones once said "it's not the years, it's the mileage". You can't always compare players, based on age alone.

Also, given our need to get younger as a team, if we have to choose one it the other, then it has to be Richardson - particularly given that he's a Brit.