Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2024/25

Rempel16

I imagine if he's backed with some investment in players, that's exactly the sort of style he might deliver at the Panthers. Their fans have moaned about lack of entertainment and hard work for years ( last season excepted....a truly tragic situation at Panthers).
Always respected Danny Stewart. Who knows what he can do at a bigger club. The one advantage he clearly has is that he has played and coached here for a long time. He gets it.

Question is, who will Blaze appoint as their Coach now?
Tom Watkins?
Or left field, Danny Kristo?

New coach, new players, but it's the same culture, same owners, same narrative, same outcome.

Danny and Jonathan both were chosen because they managed to produce a product on a budget, Sheffield have shown that money talks .

Nottingham and Danny Stewart only have aspirations of a mid table finish. The Panthers fans won't be happy and are already voicing their disappointment with DS as their new head coach.

Last edited:

Rempel16

New coach, new players, but it's the same culture, same owners, same narrative, same outcome.

Danny and Jonathen both were chosen because they managed to produce a product on a budget, Sheffield have shown that money talks .

Nottingham and Danny Stewart only have aspirations of a mid table finish. The Panthers fans won't be happy and are already voicing thier dissapointment with DS as their new head coach.
I'd be very surprised if Parades was given less of a budget than at least Cardiff. That opening roster didn't look cheap.

moggy#9

I'd be very surprised if Parades was given less of a budget than at least Cardiff. That opening roster didn't look cheap.
To be fair, had it not been for the tragic circumstances of the season, I think that the panthers would have been no worse than 5th.

It seems to me that the thing they've lacked over recent years is a proper identity. I think that Stewart will give them a way of playing that'll make them unpleasant to play against. It's likely to be a multi year project though and they will need to do something about their recruitment.

E.D.S.

Finny

I really am shocked that some of those who were most critical of the team last year are disappointed we didn't sign a Dman from Dundee's 2nd line?

If we signed a player with a CV that contained just 56 ECHL games with a +- of -26 and nothing higher, this forum would go into meltdown.

moggy#9

I really am shocked that some of those who were most critical of the team last year are disappointed we didn't sign a Dman from Dundee's 2nd line?

If we signed a player with a CV that contained just 56 ECHL games with a +- of -26 and nothing higher, this forum would go into meltdown.
I do think that there's a tenancy sometimes to get fixated at a certain trait (positive or negative) of a given player. While they all have to fill a role at their current team, when recruiting we need to look at what they bring and how much of a risk they might be. It's ok to have a roll of the dice occasionally, but I do think as far as a defensive defenceman goes, we need a sure-fire hit.

I can't disagree with what finny said.

Exactly this - I thought he was decent enough when he played here and in the QF 2nd leg, and I also quite liked his no nonsense approach too. But... if we are serious about fighting for titles this coming year and competing with the Steelers (and a Giants team who will be on an absolute mission in the coming season), I feel we have to aim higher.

Ejercito Rojas

The objective when signing a championship winning team is to get the correct balance of players. Players that complement each other and the systems they have been entrusted to fulfill.
Our D lacked balance last year but equally they weren’t helped by too many forwards who either couldn’t or wouldn’t play a 200ft game!
Team D let us down last season!

You don’t need to sign a team of all stars but you must sign a team that are greater than the sum of their parts!

The objective when signing a championship winning team is to get the correct balance of players. Players that complement each other and the systems they have been entrusted to fulfill.
Our D lacked balance last year but equally they weren’t helped by too many forwards who either couldn’t or wouldn’t play a 200ft game!
Team D let us down last season!

You don’t need to sign a team of all stars but you must sign a team that are greater than the sum of their parts!
I absolutely agree, and I don't think anyone would disagree.
There has to be the correct balance to fully cover all the attributes required (as we did in our recent successful years, and the Giants/Steelers have of late).

I just don't think this would have been the right choice - always happy to be proved wrong.
Certainly entertaining mind i'll give him that and look forward to our games against them and him again next year!

I know its a completely different position (forward) and I also agree the balance has to be corrected in our D before anything else, but for a no-nonsense type player I would have gone all out for Loren Ulet (Manchester). He impressed me this year every time he played here.

BostonBart22

Exactly this - I thought he was decent enough when he played here and in the QF 2nd leg, and I also quite liked his no nonsense approach too. But... if we are serious about fighting for titles this coming year and competing with the Steelers (and a Giants team who will be on an absolute mission in the coming season), I feel we have to aim higher.
Much higher.

Finny

I think if you ask most Devils fans what they want on D that we didn't have last season they'll say a stay-at-home, physical defenceman.
Mark Louis II.

But Louis played 4 seasons in the AHL before a full season in the ECHL. That's the standard we previously had and that's the standard we should be aiming for again.