16!?

Thread starter #1
Am i right in saying that Coventry Blaze's Ross Venus is only 16? Wow thats young to be playing pro hockey. Have these younger guys been brought up from enl to help with injury losses? Im just so supprised they are allowed to ice such young skaters, imagine if one of these boys gets hit with a massive check from one of the bigger guys!
Those brave kids haha

TheStub

Yes he's 16. I think he has come up from the under 18s.

Looks like he will be a good player in a few years, but desperate times indeed for Blaze. More so when you consider Venus is currently their top forward :lol:

I remember watching one of the pre-season games (or first games of the season) at the BBT against the Blaze and Voth was lining up to nail him mid-ice but then must have realised it was a youngster and held back (ended up with either a slight nudge or he poked the puck away with the stick, cannot remember which!).

Does seem a young age to be playing at this level though, although I did play pro-rugby at the age of 17 which I guess is a little more dangerous so I'm not in a position to judge :lol:

wildthing74

Ninety3 said:
I remember watching one of the pre-season games (or first games of the season) at the BBT against the Blaze and Voth was lining up to nail him mid-ice but then must have realised it was a youngster and held back (ended up with either a slight nudge or he poked the puck away with the stick, cannot remember which!).
He did the same on Saturday when he was about to flatten him.Lucky to escape twice!

(One of the Hocking brothers played for us at 14,think he was Neil?Only a few games but he must be the youngest other than Stevie.)

hi to all just reading through the new threads up today when I came upon this statement above which caught my eye been a devils fan from the the late 80,s but its been a on off thing due to work and family comitments but over the last 2yrs been back into it and enjoying it to so my that my youngest son has started to play with the under ten and my oldest looking to follow aswel reason im putting this up is my last name is Hocking aswel and thought it strange the devils have had brother that have played for them before as its not the most common name and want to now more about these guys anyone know anything about them or where i can find something out about them

thanks karl

wildthing74

Nott Simpson said:
Their name was not Hocking but Hosking, two brothers Ian and Neil
Yes OJ,I didn't realise I had mistyped!I know who they are but trying to work and post at the same time isn't my strong point :lol:

well thank s for setting record straight guys anyway thought i not heard of any hocking s lol but who knows wot the future brings hey devils seem to like brothers playing dont they and always do well with them fingers crossed then

wildthing74 said:
Ninety3 said:
He did the same on Saturday when he was about to flatten him.Lucky to escape twice!

Makes you wonder why opposition fans all consider Voth to be so evil, look at the care he is showing towards the young Brits, yet you never hear of that! :D