2 Teams gone

Finny

How reliable is your source?

I'd be very surprised if Edinburgh leave. If Newcastle do leave then it means they are mothballing which will be a big disappointment.

On caps website they got a fans forum planned for 6th or 9th April to outline plans for next year and update on sponcer news

DevilDom

I would hope that if this is common knowledge amongst those in the know that something is officially annoucned sooner rather than later. With season tickets already on sale it's a bit unfair asking fans to commit a big chunk of money without knowing not only any of the players for next year, or the number of imports but also the number of teams in the league! :?

Finny

Rumours from people who usually know their stuff on THF suggest the EIHL are trying to get the Vipers back into the Metro Arena and that nothing will be decided for another month.

wildthing74

The Fife rumours are getting stronger but I don't see how they could cope with the jump to 11/12 imports?A northern EPL with 4 imports may be better for likes of them and maybe Vipers would find that a better fit if they Stay in Whitley.

Finny

Who else would be able to play in that Northern EPL though? They've been trying to get it going for several seasons but there aren't enough teams who can afford 4 imports.

Plus - I think it's likely that the EIHL import limit will return to 10 for next season. I can't see Fife joining this season (unless Newcastle were to drop out) but quite possibly for 2012-13.

wildthing74

Solway would be able to join no doubt as they have had higher class hockey there before as has Blacknurn but that is less likely I guess so a waste of a decent rink.
If the structure was right there would be nothing stopping team like Steeldogs being in a Northern EPL.
Lets be honest we have the worst schedule in the EIHL.We would be better travel wise in EPL but we are happy to make the step up but I just don't see Fife doing it and will push to get in a better league without the expense of trying to compete with the big arena teams.
Such a shame as its a great hockey town and I used to love going there as a youngster as its probably the feistiest rink in the country and the locals get right behind the team.

ASHIPP

I read somewhere recently a rumour (and you know how they can spin out of control) that PR and Neil Black were looking at investment in the Vipers. :?
The club's problems appear multifold though - a poor ice location, a fall in attendances, sponsorship. Very sad day if these clubs drop out this league, particularly as the Vipers have been one of the longest serving clubs at the top level (under various names) and the Capitals were the first Scottish club to join.
If it's a case of survival and rebuild at a lower level, it seems to have worked for Phoenix and Bison. Best of luck to them whatever happens.

James

Administrator
ASHIPP said:
I read somewhere recently a rumour (and you know how they can spin out of control) that PR and Neil Black were looking at investment in the Vipers. :?
It was also mentioned on THF that both Black and Ragan have spoken to the MRA to see if they can get the Vipers back there. (Unsuccessfully)

dont know if this one should be in a rumors thread or not but i have heard that fife and manchester may be making an appearence in the EIHL next season, again jsut a little one i hear NO CONFIRMATION at all.

relating to this one tho, i'll be gutted if the vipers and caps arent back next season, i always enjoy seeing those guys play

wildthing74 said:
Solway would be able to join no doubt as they have had higher class hockey there before as has Blacknurn but that is less likely I guess so a waste of a decent rink.
If the structure was right there would be nothing stopping team like Steeldogs being in a Northern EPL.
Lets be honest we have the worst schedule in the EIHL.We would be better travel wise in EPL but we are happy to make the step up but I just don't see Fife doing it and will push to get in a better league without the expense of trying to compete with the big arena teams.
Such a shame as its a great hockey town and I used to love going there as a youngster as its probably the feistiest rink in the country and the locals get right behind the team.
Unfortunately, as long as the current owners are in-place, we (Fife) will always be in the diddy leagues :cry:

Maybe you can ask PR to buy us? I've followed the Flyers since the eighties and can remember an upstart team called the Cardiff Devils appearing and sweeping away the opposition (you stole my childhood hero Steve Moria :D ) I miss the games with you guys and Nottingham.