2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

jimmy snels

redarmy said:
Bowns is staying here for god sake why do people have to keep mentioning the poor guy!!
He will enjoy the off season and be our no1 next season so stop being negative.
No offence but without an announcement or signed contract, with no real ties to the area and weird tweets people are going to talk. Its a forum on a thread called rumours ya know ;)

Foxy

Sheincar said:
Foxy said:
Wish they would just deny or confirm it. This is dragging on now............
TBF the hockey season for some of our Brits did not end until after the World Championships following which they've probably taken themselves off on holiday. It's not really dragging on when we've only had 1 month since the playoffs & there's another 4 months before the new league starts.
Oh god is it that long............ lol

drainage

redarmy said:
Bowns is staying here for god sake why do people have to keep mentioning the poor guy!!
He will enjoy the off season and be our no1 next season so stop being negative.
At a loss as to how people saying if he does go he would be missed is negative !

Everyone wants him back he may however elect not to come back ......he needs to do whats best for him

No offence unless you are Andrew Lord you cannot know !

I'm still confused, not by why people are speculating Bowns might leave as such, but as to why we think it would be Sheffield. The original tweet that sparked this off would seem to almost iliminate The Steelers. If he goes there, there is no need to move, no need to meet new friends etc.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #346
MattHuskie said:
I'm still confused, not by why people are speculating Bowns might leave as such, but as to why we think it would be Sheffield. The original tweet that sparked this off would seem to almost iliminate The Steelers. If he goes there, there is no need to move, no need to meet new friends etc.
Because of this post on page 33...
Joesteeler said:
Bowns to Sheffield

Sliput

The rumour is definitely building momentum about Ben.

If he wants to go there is nothing we can do to stop him going. We will all just have to wait and see.

ASHIPP

Sliput said:

If he wants to go there is nothing we can do to stop him going. We will all just have to wait and see.
A big loss if that is the case. So much to look forward to in Cardiff as our Club grows....apart from the exposure the CHL would give the team and the prospect of living in his home town, what could Steelers offer Ben that's more exciting and dynamic than the future of our Club?

voth26

As much as it would be a massive disappointment and a big blow losing Ben, I'm sure Lordo, Franny and Todd would have the situation in hand. Hopefully they are not empty words from not just Ben but some other players when they say they love Cardiff and the fans, and they return next year. Some news either way would be good to hear from the club in the week or so

Gaz G

ASHIPP said:
Sliput said:

A big loss if that is the case. So much to look forward to in Cardiff as our Club grows....apart from the exposure the CHL would give the team and the prospect of living in his home town, what could Steelers offer Ben that's more exciting and dynamic than the future of our Club?
I think there's more to it than that. I'm from nottingham and moved part time, 13 years ago to go to university to Wales. I'm still here after meeting the wife to be at hockey.

I'm an avid Nottingham Forest fan but at the same time an avid Cardiff Devils fan and like nothing more than a Devils win over the Panthers is acceptable.

Point being.....for me, Ben is learning his trade away from home, is still a young man and probably loves the freedom of living away from "home".

I do think the club should give an indication as to what's going on. However for such a shy and quiet bloke who flourished, learnt and gained so much confidence (enough to start a wave), I'd be amazed if he decided to go to Sheffield. At his age and the confidence he gained last year after learning to look after himself, making great friends, being away from home and loving it.... it would be a backward step. If he signs elsewhere I think it will be in Europe and I'd encourage him to do so. Young man making memories.

Finny

Well if he does go to Sheffield it sounds like he'll be sharing duties with an import netminder at best, with Thommo having agreed a deal with Mustukovs only to cancel having been offered a KHL deal.

Gazza272

I really wouldn't rule out the Steelers going after an import nettie + Bowns.

I would hope the offer of being our outright number 1 would sway Ben towards staying with us though.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #357
From THF:
David Simms said:
Steelers are making an announcement tomorrow …….
Perhaps we'll know more tomorrow, unless they're announcing someone they've already announced again...

zoesdevil

Chris said:
From THF:
David Simms said:
Steelers are making an announcement tomorrow …….
Perhaps we'll know more tomorrow, unless they're announcing someone they've already announced again...
He did put this on Teitter earlier.....

@Simmsey: I see lots of rumours that the Steelers have signed or are signing @bownsy21 well we are making an announcement tomorrow, alarm set for 6am

Trying to wind us fans up I think!!