2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

drainage

Gazza272 said:
I really wouldn't rule out the Steelers going after an import nettie + Bowns.

I would hope the offer of being our outright number 1 would sway Ben towards staying with us though.
Not sure what Ben would gain by being a back up to a goalie Stewarts standard (or better) ? He progressed a lot through regular ice time how much would he get as back up to an import ?

Would seem a bit of a backward step to me - cant see he'd get a huge amount of time in Europe , they are seeded 42 they need the best goalie they can get and if a Stewart option is signed see it being him

jimmy snels

I might be in a minority here but id be more bothered if batch richie or myres that moved than bownsy. with the new import level rise i think we could afford to get another import nettie to replace him anyhow. As much as he's good he's not irreplaceable.

jimmy snels said:
I might be in a minority here but id be more bothered if batch richie or myres that moved than bownsy. with the new import level rise i think we could afford to get another import nettie to replace him anyhow. As much as he's good he's not irreplaceable.
Agreed. Ideally I'd want Bowns back to give us the extra import skater however wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't.

I think if we were to lose Bowns, I wouldn't be surprised to see Benny Davies back in a devils jersey next year to boost the brit pack.

voth26

shepherd68 said:
jimmy snels said:
Agreed. Ideally I'd want Bowns back to give us the extra import skater however wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't.

I think if we were to lose Bowns, I wouldn't be surprised to see Benny Davies back in a devils jersey next year to boost the brit pack.
I don't see what Ben Davies will add to the team to be honest, he didn't set the clan alight did he!!, if he signs I'll support him but he wouldn't be on my list of players if I was Lordo to be honest.

Ocko

I've mentioned this earlier, even if he does leave we will still have 3 lines plus CJ and Piggsy. I wouldn't see a need, nor would imagine Ben Davies wanting to come back to play on the fourth line. Unless we get an out and out enforcer we will struggle to get a player who is happy to sit on the bench playing fourth line minutes.

mazza03

zoesdevil said:
Chris said:
From THF:
David Simms said:
Steelers are making an announcement tomorrow …….
Perhaps we'll know more tomorrow, unless they're announcing someone they've already announced again...
He did put this on Teitter earlier.....

@Simmsey: I see lots of rumours that the Steelers have signed or are signing @bownsy21 well we are making an announcement tomorrow, alarm set for 6am

Trying to wind us fans up I think!!
And Ben tweeted back that he had set his alarm.

For the first time in years I am not worried by players leaving, and wish them all well. I trust the organization we have, to source as good, if not better replacements.I would rather have a an equal or better replacement than a player who regrets staying and wishing they had taken up an opportunity elsewhere.

The last time we had players leaving or getting gassed we ended up with bargain basement replacements and I can't see that happening under the current administration. Despite the lack of news this is the most relaxed I have been in an off season forever and trust that we will have a team challenging in every game next season

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Is anyone likely to better Hoth? Not sure why anyone would be worried as our owners are hockey mad, best GM, signed Lord to 3 years based on a few weeks coaching evidence, and then there's Franny too.

Go fishing, play golf, or put your feet up, and get ready to see a quality Devils team take shape through the summer........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Devil_Abroad said:
Is anyone likely to better Hoth? Not sure why anyone would be worried as our owners are hockey mad, best GM, signed Lord to 3 years based on a few weeks coaching evidence, and then there's Franny too.

Go fishing, play golf, or put your feet up, and get ready to see a quality Devils team take shape through the summer........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will surely witness this, it's going to be a awesome 2015/16.
Happy Hockey Days

DevilDom

jodysstillagirlsname said:
For the first time in years I am not worried by players leaving, and wish them all well. I trust the organization we have, to source as good, if not better replacements.I would rather have a an equal or better replacement than a player who regrets staying and wishing they had taken up an opportunity elsewhere.

The last time we had players leaving or getting gassed we ended up with bargain basement replacements and I can't see that happening under the current administration. Despite the lack of news this is the most relaxed I have been in an off season forever and trust that we will have a team challenging in every game next season
This.

Sebastien77 said:
The Manchester Monarchs are going to the ECHL next season so no more AHL for Bissonnette there... Can we have him? :)
The Manchester Monarchs AHL team are moving to Ontario Reign next season, so any retained players and L A Kings prospects will move there. The ECHL Monarchs are a brand new club starting from scratch and have nothing to do with existing Monarchs. I think he has been scratched from last couple of playoff games so I guess he will find it difficult to receive a new ahl contract unless someone else is prepared to give him a chance.

Seems to be a big rumour that Matt Myers is heading back to Nottingham on the cage forum to replace boxill? With Simms tweeting one brit in & one out, hope this ain't true. Be a huge loss if it is.

I'd imagine that's just wishful thinking from Panther fans ...can't imagine Matthew would drag his wife back to Nottingham after getting settled in a job again, and away from family etc. (especially seeing as we are treating players very well and have title ambitions)

I do hope we start announcing brits (& Hotham) soon though as the amount of movement between british players so early on in the off season will inevitably leave teams scrambling for brits with inflated offers.