2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

KaneDevils

icehockeymad said:
Like we did with bisonette?
Laughing stock we was,
Same with kurkka saying he signed a 3 year deal and then a few months later left us haha!!!
Eh? Bisonette contacted us then later informed us of a better offer, one he wasn't really expecting, (I think). It was all amicable and professional.
The Kurka incident should best be left where it belongs. That era didn't happen.

KaneDevils

icehockeymad said:
Regardless of What when on,
We was told bisonette will be back in a devils jersey and then a few days later told he wasnt,
Dont confirm it unles true, simples.
When announced it was true. Disappointing yes, unprofessional? No. That's the nature of the beast. It happens.

Devil94

icehockeymad said:
We was told bisonette will be back in a devils jersey and then a few days later told he wasnt,
But he was coming. He was arriving in a week after announcing and a date was given for his debut. If he had come over, how late would you have liked the announcement? 5 minutes before he took the ice for warm up?

Anyway. I suspect a few times might have signings which have a similar clause.

Have Hope#35

icehockeymad said:
Actually you couldn't be more wrong... He was announced as coming after contacting us but if he had an opportunity to get back into the NHL we wouldn't stand in his way! He was also due to fly in 48-72hrs after the announcement and got an offer in the AHL just 24hrs later! This is very different, however Coventry are hardly the laughing stock, they took a chance on a big name player and have done everything to keep him interested! Kurka on the other hand was a plot to sell season tickets and wasn't coming back from day one.

@BritIceHockey just put this up on twitter

RUMOUR: Former NHL (@NHL) forward Steve MacIntyre (@Smacker33) looks set to join the Cardiff Devils (@cardiffdevils).

Wannabe2

He won't be here, he is a tough bitch but can't score, and no disrespect he is 34 we need feisty youngsters with a point to prove like Michele etc. Hotham scored 21 goals last season, if he ain't coming back you wouldn't replace him with a bloke who can't score, that's duh duh and Lordy ain't duh duh.

Wannabe2 said:
He won't be here, he is a tough bitch but can't score, and no disrespect he is 34 we need feisty youngsters with a point to prove like Michele etc. Hotham scored 21 goals last season, if he ain't coming back you wouldn't replace him with a bloke who can't score, that's duh duh and Lordy ain't duh duh.
Steve Macintyre wouldn't be a replacement for Hotham as Mac is a Forward.

InfernoRD said:
These guys don't look to bad. Could be decent replacements for a non-returning Hotham?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12516

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9470
Wouldn't be a direct replacement for Hotham as they seem Defensive Defensemen.

Good pedigree though!

Have Hope#35

Wannabe2 said:
He's a Forward (LW) so I doubt he'd replace Hotham anyway! Plus it's Centre's we need... I think BIH have messed up yet again! He's just started following Riley Emmerson now so does that put Edinburgh in the rumour list? Emmerson also tweeted this just yesterday: Today was a fantastic day caps fans #caps

Wannabe2

shepherd68 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Steve Macintyre wouldn't be a replacement for Hotham as Mac is a Forward.

InfernoRD said:
These guys don't look to bad. Could be decent replacements for a non-returning Hotham?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12516

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9470
Wouldn't be a direct replacement for Hotham as they seem Defensive Defensemen.

Good pedigree though!
He is down as a D Man on hochetdatabase

Devil94

He's definitely a forward. I think he would be a great signing for the club on and off the ice, but can't see it happening. Looked he was a cert to go to Clan, but their latest rumour is tough guy Nathan McIver, so might not happen anymore for some reason.

Rempel16

I think he would certainly be an answer to the on-ice toughness... I'd prefer to have toughness that can play though, as discussed last week.

Unless Lord is looking to rely on CJ for that 3rd line spot, with Smacker being the 10th forward?

Also, Hotham was pretty much a done-deal to Braehead last summer before we came in for him IIRC...