2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

bb1

Looks a very good player but for me we need a lot more size and power up top. We already have very small forwards and definitely need some bigger guys IMO

Have Hope#35

terry hunt said:
Saviano is vertically challenged like several of our existing players.

I dont think he is for us we need a Voth,Ware or McWilliam
I agree we need one or two of these type of players but the club are also after another player in the mould of Joey Martin! This guy doesn't look a million miles away from that type of player... No mention of his defensive qualities is the main difference I can see.

Devil94

I agree we need some size up front, but there's still 4 import forwards to be signed. We can definitely do with a small, quick skillful guy like this, especially with his experience in Europe. Maybe 2 of the remaining 4 will be power forwards.

bdevil

We have 7 imports left to announce, 3 D and 4 Forwards. Of last seasons roster there are 3 forwards whose future we do not know. Assuming not all of these 3 are returning that's at least 2 new players. There are also 3 D whose future we don't know. Again, assuming not all of these 3 are returning that's at least another 1 new player. With Murdy, that's 4 new players.

Can see the forward lines being like this:
Lord - Martin - Morissette
Doucet - Culligan - Import
Import - Myers - Import
Import - Hervato - Jones
Piggott as 13th Forward

(Aware 2 of the imports need EU passports)

Providing everything I've said is correct with import levels etc I don't see that as too shabby...
As for the defence, Hendo and Hotham I'd love to see back. With Fournier, I can't see room for Hudson.

One thing that was said last night was they are aiming to sign another "stud centre" (Todd's words), so Cully won't be in that position.
Whether he plays 3rd line centre or as a winger I guess depends on Myers, who I think most people see as 100% a centre after his success in recent years.
The comment about 4 line hockey being a maybe, is also dependent on that signing too, we wouldn't have enough depth without him (or maybe Ben).

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Reading into Francis' interview I don't think Myers or Davies have signed as they aren't sure yet about going 4 lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

backrow

bdevil, I think it's safe to say that Haddad will be part of that lineup.

Did anyone ask if Culli was coming back as a forward or a D? He certainly could play centre, wing or D depending on other signings.

voth26

We have to play 4 lines this yr, as it seems most of the league is especially panthers steelers and giant's I believe??. I would like to see more than just 2/3 new faces if honest or if the majority are returning they need a swift kick up the butt as I feel quite a few are and were in a big comfort zone, and not Hungary enough if they were perhaps we might have been double league winners instead of being bloody bridesmaids 2 yrs running!!

Will has signed with a top EPL team. Great move for him as no one can doubt that he was a little wasted as a backup netminder in the EIHL. Sad to see him go, but glad he's leaving to better himself.