23-24 pre-season interview with Steve King

There is a link at the bottom of the OP. Here it is again though http://the-inferno.co.uk/news/looking-forward-to-the-23-24-season-with-steve-king/

It was mostly Chris :D
Thank you James. The original OP didn’t actually show on my phone when I posted the question. The thread started with Wannabe’s post. I subsequently discovered the reason was because I had somehow inadvertently put you on ‘ignore’, something I’ve not even done to lloyd_jeff or whatever name he currently goes by.

lloyd_jeff

It’s great to have interaction with owners on here, especially when recent events have created such a heated debate, we’ve all got the same ethos and that is the Devils to continue the clubs past successes through the decades, to remain one of the best clubs in the country. Hopefully this interview isn’t a reaction to the current situation and we have to wait 5 more yrs for another interview. This is the Inferno, we’ve got tough skin, come say what you want ( within the rules) we’re all adults, we take it.
I also hope this has been a lesson to whoever chose to ignore fan inclusion, one of the basic fundamentals of successful business is understanding your market place and implementing marketing tools and strategies to make successful decisions. Bring a product to market with a rebrand, yes, ploughing through a logo that potentially alienates the majority of those who buy those products, well that’s going to potentially reduce that much needed revenue stream. It’s also unfair to say that not buying the merch will bring cost implications to the club, that burden shouldn’t be for fans to bear. I’d also add, this isn’t the NHL, so to be comparing win averages whilst adding that isn’t enough to win is a bit of a red herring, particularly looking at the state of the team, their lack of interest, poor management etc. As the saying goes, it is what it is or was, now we are in a different place, 3 yrs from COVID, now we look forward to not needing to have excuses, new season, new coach, let’s look forward and yes we expect to win, we share that goal, so let’s do this……if we can’t win, at least try too.

lloyd_jeff

LloydJeff. Before you try to keep shouting your negative spin as is your goal on this board, please try to read the interview first. I have never said no to these interviews. It’s been five years because that’s the last time I was asked.
I never stated you’ve refused, l simply stated it’s been 5 yrs since and hopefully we won’t have to wait another 5 yrs.

lloyd_jeff

Yes l implied that the current situation has influence, l believe it does. The reason as to why after 5 yrs, is between Steve and the Inferno team, I’ve no idea why it’s taken so long. Hopefully we can have more interaction between everyone throughout the season without it looking like a PR move. I’d like to know if the Inferno and club interaction will return as to what it once was……

The_Stick_

I’d like to know which other owners in the league have communicated as openly and as honestly as Steve King and co have? I’d think you’d find that not a single team in the league have such an open line of communication with their ownership, and whether people agree with what they say or not I think you can only appreciate their honesty

Yes l implied that the current situation has influence, l believe it does. The reason as to why after 5 yrs, is between Steve and the Inferno team, I’ve no idea why it’s taken so long. Hopefully we can have more interaction between everyone throughout the season without it looking like a PR move. I’d like to know if the Inferno and club interaction will return as to what it once was……
I dont think you need to guess though, Steve clearly states that the reason is down to it being 5 years since the last time he was asked.

BostonBart22

It’s great to have interaction with owners on here, especially when recent events have created such a heated debate, we’ve all got the same ethos and that is the Devils to continue the clubs past successes through the decades, to remain one of the best clubs in the country. Hopefully this interview isn’t a reaction to the current situation and we have to wait 5 more yrs for another interview. This is the Inferno, we’ve got tough skin, come say what you want ( within the rules) we’re all adults, we take it.
I also hope this has been a lesson to whoever chose to ignore fan inclusion, one of the basic fundamentals of successful business is understanding your market place and implementing marketing tools and strategies to make successful decisions. Bring a product to market with a rebrand, yes, ploughing through a logo that potentially alienates the majority of those who buy those products, well that’s going to potentially reduce that much needed revenue stream. It’s also unfair to say that not buying the merch will bring cost implications to the club, that burden shouldn’t be for fans to bear. I’d also add, this isn’t the NHL, so to be comparing win averages whilst adding that isn’t enough to win is a bit of a red herring, particularly looking at the state of the team, their lack of interest, poor management etc. As the saying goes, it is what it is or was, now we are in a different place, 3 yrs from COVID, now we look forward to not needing to have excuses, new season, new coach, let’s look forward and yes we expect to win, we share that goal, so let’s do this……if we can’t win, at least try too.
Time to hit the ignore button, what a plank..

mjh

Great read. Thanks for organising this and for Steve taking the time to share his thoughts. I'm really excited about the new season and I've got high hopes that PR will prove a massive bonus for the Devils. It's been a bit flat in recent seasons so I'm expecting the Pete factor to provide some extra motivation and focus. Looking forward to seeing the new guys skate as well as the returning guys. Let's go Devils!

Chris

Administrator
Just as a short answer to preempt anything else... there have been no Q&As for a long time (almost 5 years I think now?) for various reasons, but Steve has always been open (and posted several times on here to say the same) that he would be happy to sit down with us should we have the questions.

It's been my own fault really for not acting on this until now, but hopefully we'll have a few more things lined up as the season progresses.

Really it's a thanks to @SteveKing for being open, honest and approachable and for never shying away from answering the questions that we put to him!

Good interview thanks steve , very much looking forward to a better season this year as previously we just have not had enough bite cant wait to be back on saturday to see the new roster , with PR in charge which im excited to have as head coach we can be the force we know we can be…lets go devils (still not keen on new logo though)