3 Cheers for wannabe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve

Thread starter #1
...for pushing the stupid mare Planet Ice staff member out of the way when she decided to start collecting rubbish from people whilst the game was in play.

Despite being told to get out of the way, the said member of staff contiued to block everyones view all around the rink!

Wannabe2

Lets get things in context first, i have never and would never push a female, thats just not my style, but i did tell her to knock off what she was doing, as she was picking paper up off the floor right in front of our vision when the flipping game was in motion. Dont know where her head was at, but it was a strange act to perform right in front of people when they are watching a game they have paid to watch.

Finny

I couldn't believe it either when I saw her doing that. She seemed to be moving quite sharpish too after she was told to shift.

I also couldn't believe the 4 or 5 people who decided to leave with around 1 minute to do whilst the game was going on, and then gave me the evil stare when I told them to get out of the way!! :evil:

So we had a good ref-- Dean Smith had a good game. So the fans couldn't hurl abuse at him.
It seems then that some " FANS" had to find another target-- a young woman doing her job picking up the rubbish. It is only a game for goodness sake, keep the abuse on the ice and not off it.

zoesdevil

Big Joe said:
So we had a good ref-- Dean Smith had a good game. So the fans couldn't hurl abuse at him.
It seems then that some " FANS" had to find another target-- a young woman doing her job picking up the rubbish. It is only a game for goodness sake, keep the abuse on the ice and not off it.
But the fans get stopped from walking up when game is in play and i bet all fans tell other fans to get out of the way when they just block there view so why should it be any different for the staff when the game is in play, people have paid good money to watch the game and theres a time and a place to pick up litter............... when everyone has gone!!! :roll:

But the fans get stopped from walking up when game is in play and i bet all fans tell other fans to get out of the way when they just block there view so why should it be any different for the staff when the game is in play, people have paid good money to watch the game and theres a time and a place to pick up litter............... when everyone has gone!!! :roll:[/quote]

Quite right totally agree would not happen at a cinema or a football game.
GET OUT THE WAY IDIOT!!!

Mark :ugeek:

Wannabe2

Big Joe said:
Maybe this problem should be taken up with the rink management instead of abusing staff who are trying to do a job.
But if the staff done there job at a sensible time, and that aint rocket science this issue would never have arisen. Its very nice to know picking up litter is big on Planet Ices agenda, but when the game is in progress give me a break. :roll:

Finny

Big Joe said:
She should not have been clearing rubbish up at the stage of the game. Even forgetting the fact she was blocking people's views - it would have been a clear breach of Health and Safety for her to be up there facing away from the ice whilst the game was going on.

The reason I decided to come and watch hockey was because someone told me "it's a great FAMILY sport,but over the last season and a bit going to a game when I can with my daughter,its just seems some fans just abuse someone for anything.this isn't what I want my daughter to see,maybe we are just being unlucky and the games we've gone to somthing has happend,one week it's the referee,then it's the planet ice staff,who will it be next? The zamboni driver? Dont get me wrong,everyone get annoyed but over the last few games the abuse has got worse.It just seems that nearly every game someone is getting abused and it may only be a matter of time where this verbal abuse,dare I say it,turns physical. Which if i remember correctly,didn't somthing like that already happen when a fan punched a member of staff in Belfast?

Wannabe2

Okay i am done with this topic its just getting totally ridiculous, i mean what if the roof falls down, what if the barrage bursts and we all get flooded. Goodnight everyone have a nice life.

When a game becomes a commercial venture it becomes far more than 'only a game'.
I didn't see what happened with wannabe and said member of staff so can not comment on it direct but I do think if it was 'abuse' I would of noticed sitting in block 2 my self.

What I did see was a member of Planet Ice staff being incredibly rude and inconsiderate by obstructing the view and causing annoyance to many paying customers. Those customers have every right to complain to that member of staff to try and prevent the rude behaviour spoiling the enjoyment of the entertainment that they have paid to see. We all should follow up with a complaint to the Planet Ice management and Devils organisation
For a company that seems to struggle keeping ice frozen in an 'ice' rink its beggars belief they have been awarded the building of the new rink.

If PI ran a brewery I very much doubt if they couldn't organise a social occasion where everyone drinks a lot of alcohol.

Sliput

Big Joe said:
The reason I decided to come and watch hockey was because someone told me "it's a great FAMILY sport,but over the last season and a bit going to a game when I can with my daughter,its just seems some fans just abuse someone for anything.this isn't what I want my daughter to see,maybe we are just being unlucky and the games we've gone to somthing has happend,one week it's the referee,then it's the planet ice staff,who will it be next? The zamboni driver? Dont get me wrong,everyone get annoyed but over the last few games the abuse has got worse.It just seems that nearly every game someone is getting abused and it may only be a matter of time where this verbal abuse,dare I say it,turns physical. Which if i remember correctly,didn't somthing like that already happen when a fan punched a member of staff in Belfast?
Lets put this into perspective here. During a game a member of Planet ice was clearing away rubbish. There are two twenty minute breaks where she could have performed this task plus the end of the game and as face off is at 6.00pm the game would finish fairly early. Instead she decided to A. Have her back to the ice, her head bent, therefore putting herself in danger of being smacked with a puck, and if the Devils had scored she may have fallen backwards when everyone jumped up. Regardless of getting in peoples way who have paid good money to watch a sporting event...common sense should have prevailed.
As for the verbal abuse 'in a matter of time turning into phsysical abuse, i have watched this sport for many years all over the country and Canada and i have never seen fans attacking other fans/players/officials and i honestly believe i never will.

This is getting stupid so what im sure if some young girl was picking rubbish up she coulda been new everyone makes mistakes cant fault wannabe for telling her to move but im sure he didnt want an appraisal thread for doing it and practically get accused of assaulting the girl

Wannabe2

Yea i am really cheesed off with this nonsense now, my words to this young lady was this, excuse me love but i paid to watch the game, and not you,this was said in a normal way, and not in a aggresive way christ i have daughters her same age, this person then moved on. Hopefully so can everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.