3rd August

I mean come on!! It amazes me that the management even went for this logo, so whoever thought this logo is great needs to go to spec savers! Not a fan at all, I was so disappointed and frustrated. I wasted 3 hours of my life to see this s**t!. Please please think about the fans next time!

This will have more people questioning Todd's decision making. We'll be the laughing stock of the league.
I’m not sure that’s quite right.

It’s very Buffalo Sabres, jazzing it up. And Belfast did it recently. I don’t see the need for it to be fair, and I’m pleased I have more than a few jerseys to continue wearing.

But we haven’t got Mel Gibson on our logo, Belfast’s constipated Thor, or the truly baffling Manchester Storm whatever-that-thing-is.

I’m not exactly over the moon about it. But I think we’re far from the laughing stock of the league.

kettdevil1

Nothing will beat the old logo but happy if these owners want to make the change. Just means they need to commit to putting new banners up
Yep. That's it for me. No particular view on the new one - it's OK but frankly the bigger news is Crawford is back, that's a big plus.

If we win and I am ambivalent about the logo then I am delighted, if we lose with the best logo ever then I am not happy

jenks33

Not a huge fan of the logo but more importantly the last three player announcements were as expected then. Seems harsh to say this before we’ve seen the team in action but it feels like we’re short in a couple of areas in my opinion.
What I would say though is we definitely look stronger than last season and we’ve got a better coach, so we’ve got a chance. At times last season It looked like we were 6 or 7 players away from a league winning team compared to now where we are probably 2 players away from where I would want us to be.
Does it look like a league winning roster? Not for me, but it’s definitely a roster that can win a trophy.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

Wow. Just wow. I thought the Devils had learnt lessons from overhyping events but clearly not. I have not heard silence like that since we lost 10-0 to Durham Wasps. Not Manic Monday but Third Rate Thursday.

Happy enough with the player signings but Twitter announced them ages ago so I rushed from work for just that.

I mean come on!! It amazes me that the management even went for this logo, so whoever thought this logo is great needs to go to spec savers! Not a fan at all, I was so disappointed and frustrated. I wasted 3 hours of my life to see this s**t!. Please please think about the fans next time!
Got to be the warrior design team

BostonBart22

It does look cheap and nasty , could put barbie on them for all I care, but end of the day it's the players that wear them that matter , and put in 100% every game, roll on August 26th .

lloyd_jeff

Yep. That's it for me. No particular view on the new one - it's OK but frankly the bigger news is Crawford is back, that's a big plus.

If we win and I am ambivalent about the logo then I am delighted, if we lose with the best logo ever then I am not happy
You omitted if we lose & have the worst logo in hockey.

moggy#9

Not a huge fan of the logo but more importantly the last three player announcements were as expected then. Seems harsh to say this before we’ve seen the team in action but it feels like we’re short in a couple of areas in my opinion.
What I would say though is we definitely look stronger than last season and we’ve got a better coach, so we’ve got a chance. At times last season It looked like we were 6 or 7 players away from a league winning team compared to now where we are probably 2 players away from where I would want us to be.
Does it look like a league winning roster? Not for me, but it’s definitely a roster that can win a trophy.
For me the team seems better than last year (a low bar), but only 3rd place or maybe serving if Sheffield can't hold it together.

Hedd Wyn John

If this logo design won I dread to think what alternatives it beat out. Thats assuming they had alternative designs.

lloyd_jeff

Cardiff Devils Twitter have not had so may replies to a Tweet since Mega Monday, you no it’s bad when Sheffield fans feel sorry for you……

GAVIN

Club should run a poll as to whether the fans actually like that logo or not!

Nobody I have spoken to has said it’s nice and certainly the feedback on here says it all.

It’s absolutely abysmal. I wouldn’t wear that if it was a freebie.

Marketing ‘Department’ needs a re-structure!
Sorry but the management makes the important decision to go with this.. they all need to rake responsibility

E.D.S.

What a shocker of a night. Short of announcing Paul Ragan as a new owner and Dave Simms as Communications Director I’m not sure how they could have messed this up any more.

Hockeymad

Cardiff Devils Twitter have not had so may replies to a Tweet since Mega Monday, you no it’s bad when Sheffield fans feel sorry for you……
That's because they keep bigging these nights up and it's always disaster.

Fans travelling for hours to be told they don't want to miss it.

Miss what??

Embarrassing

Kevlar68

The design will be cheaper for printing as very basic and my reaction..... F**K NO!

_20230803_202846.JPG

It's not even a matter of "it's new and I'll get used to it" it's just terrible.

Last edited: