3rd August

Finny

People wanted Shannon sacked as a player because of a new logo? That to start with. Absolute nonsense.
I can remember it happening. IIRC I was by the steps down to the skate hire area of the WNIR queuing to get into the rink shop. Two people ahead of me were discussing the new logo. The conversation went something along the lines of
“That new logo is rubbish”
”I agree. Nothing wrong with the old one”
”They should change it back”
”Can’t do that. Might upset Shannon”
”Did he design it?”
”Probably. Spends more time drawing things than playing hockey”
”So it turns out he’s no longer good at hockey and no good at designing”
”This should be the last straw. Its time he left the club”.

august04 2.0

I can remember it happening. IIRC I was by the steps down to the skate hire area of the WNIR queuing to get into the rink shop. Two people ahead of me were discussing the new logo. The conversation went something along the lines of
“That new logo is rubbish”
”I agree. Nothing wrong with the old one”
”They should change it back”
”Can’t do that. Might upset Shannon”
”Did he design it?”
”Probably. Spends more time drawing things than playing hockey”
”So it turns out he’s no longer good at hockey and no good at designing”
”This should be the last straw. Its time he left the club”.
At least there were two of them then, not really a deluge out of the 2,500 plus people who were probably in the building! Enough of replying to such nonsense.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #249
When did the steps down to the skate hire, lead to the shop, they were a long way away from each other, and how the hell can you remember that conversation from donkeys years ago. Come off it mate.

Finny

At least there were two of them then, not really a deluge out of the 2,500 plus people who were probably in the building! Enough of replying to such nonsense.
I never said there was a deluge. I was pointing out the most extreme opinion I heard when the logo changed last time.

august04 2.0

I never said there was a deluge. I was pointing out the most extreme opinion I heard when the logo changed last time.
No, you pointed out that “lots of fans were furious, some even wanted Shannon sacked as a player”. At least you’ve now confirmed that there were in fact, two fans of that opinion.

This was a decision that was not wanted by the fans nor has it been welcomed, from social media reaction and the vast majority of posts on here. Quite the opposite in fact. It has all the look of a misconceived vanity project.
What is it with Cardiff sports teams pushing through re-brands that the fans don’t want?
When Cardiff City’s current owner pushed through an ill-conceived re-brand it drove a wedge between the ownership and the fanbase that, arguably is as wide today as it was 10 yrs ago.
Now I’m not saying that this is on that scale, nor am I saying that a re-brand of some sort wasn’t needed, however there were lessons to be learned from that ill fated episode!

So after an extraordinarily long and drawn out design process Lilgreensubmarine produce an absolute abortion of a piece of work (they can’t even spot the Antarctic fauna laughably visible within the design) coupled with a press release stating how ‘tapped into the fan base’ they are!
They clearly think that they’re so ‘tapped in’ that they don’t need consult the fan base to ‘test the water’ even if just to ‘pay lip service’
Maybe they saw TK as the Emperor and they just sold him a new wardrobe!

Last edited:

Pleximan

Well I haven't posted for a while but I had to tonight, just what have the club done here?

This logo de-brand is an absolute car crash! Why change a perfectly good logo? A great logo even!
Yet the club have binned it for this rubbish design, just why have the club done this? There is a penguin on the logo, or is it a seal? This is embarrassing. Why was there no fan consultation over this? Don't the fans matter? I was going to go to the arena tomorrow to re-new my ST, I don't think I'll bother now.

Terrible logo! A classroom of children could have produced better designs than this!

Club own goal

Pleximan

I’ve just noticed the back of the shirt, who the hell designed that font for the numbers? It must be an early April fools joke, you couldn’t make it up just how bad this logo and design is.
It is an absolute car crash! I am struggling to think of any way the club could have got this any worse.