3rd August

I promised my 7 year old a new Jersey this year, as soon as he seen the logo he said “ im not wearing that dad “. Even a 7 year old thinks it’s terrible

osh

Wasn’t there last night but quite a clever move on managements part reall.
announce the 3 signings, ( not impressed with overall ) 2 of them average and detract from the fact we really could have done with 2 better players than we had previously AND then produce the new logo for us all to salivate over ! there is hardly any talk of the signings as the logo is so bad it’s causing meltdown. Shame they didn’t offer a selection online for the fans to look at and vote upon, in that way it would have been more representative of the fans feelings. Sorry TK, you got it wrong again !

moggy#9

Given that they've clearly already gone through the process of ordering a whole bunch of merch with the new logo (no doubt in response to there being problems obtaining it on time in previous seasons), the seems little chance of walking it back. Much like we were with Dupont, we're going to be stuck with it due to an impulsive, ill thought out decision.

Devils86

I absolutely hate the design. If we had spare money kicking around for all this unnecessary rebranding, I would have much rather have a classic / retro shirt and a better on ice product in the form of a better signing!
I'm guessing they paid Limegreen Tangerine with the money made from the additional ice sponsors

E.D.S.

Your exaggerating there big time finny, but also it was a pretty neat logo, not like this thing that looks like it was whipped up in Kindergarden on a Monday morning.
I did wonder if the need to change the logo came from some sort of copyright being held elsewhere. Any one know if that's the case? I'm really desperately trying to apply some logic to this madness. If it has something to do with copyright, that still doesn't excuse asking a 3 year old to design it.

E.D.S.

Given that they've clearly already gone through the process of ordering a whole bunch of merch with the new logo (no doubt in response to there being problems obtaining it on time in previous seasons), the seems little chance of walking it back. Much like we were with Dupont, we're going to be stuck with it due to an impulsive, ill thought out decision.
Agreed. We know from experience that this club will remain stoic, be consistent and look for distractions to ride out this crisis - much like Dupont as you point out. The club will likely not address the issue and just plough on or address it and still plough on. This logo won't be going anywhere and let's be clear... it's a logo not brand.

I've seen three polls that are overwhelming in terms of fans views on the logo. It'll take some balls and arrogance to ignore all of those.

moggy#9

I'm guessing they paid Limegreen Tangerine with the money made from the additional ice sponsors
And that's another thing. I know that the club needs money, but doing the very thing we mock Sheffield for with their ice?
I did wonder if the need to change the logo came from some sort of copyright being held elsewhere. Any one know if that's the case? I'm really desperately trying to apply some logic to this madness. If it has something to do with copyright, that still doesn't excuse asking a 3 year old to design it.
I'm not sure how there could be a copyright issue, unless the rights were expired and they were worried about knock offs. I know nothing about such things, so I'm sorry if I'm taking rubbish.

Another thing that occurred to me is that the lack of the word "devils" and the Welsh on the sleeve of the shirt may be a pivot towards more welshification. I hope not.

Earnie

It’s not that bad. Guess people don’t like a change and we’re content with the old one.
Not much point having a poll - it’s a done deal.

I'm all for re-branding, evolution etc... but there has to be a reason for it,
For merch,
Fans wanting a change,
Old brand too out of date / not fit for purpose,
Or in CCFC case the owner thinks it's a good luck charm.

I hope we get some response as to why.

I hope this is not the Legacy that will be remembered about the owners who have done
nothing but good for our club, we owe them a lot for what they have done and achieved.

Whoever thought the new logo, a side face / turn the other cheek design is more intimidating
than the front face aggressive with the wording Devils seriously needs to rethink.
I do not think Limegreen tangerine have come out of this very well, and this project took over a
year ?

I'm switching between watching the Devils and Angers Ducs this year as I'll be living in France for
6mths so I'll be interested to see what happens.

kingmo19.1

I'm all for re-branding, evolution etc... but there has to be a reason for it,
For merch,
Fans wanting a change,
Old brand too out of date / not fit for purpose,
Or in CCFC case the owner thinks it's a good luck charm.

I hope we get some response as to why.

I hope this is not the Legacy that will be remembered about the owners who have done
nothing but good for our club, we owe them a lot for what they have done and achieved.

Whoever thought the new logo, a side face / turn the other cheek design is more intimidating
than the front face aggressive with the wording Devils seriously needs to rethink.
I do not think Limegreen tangerine have come out of this very well, and this project took over a
year ?

I'm switching between watching the Devils and Angers Ducs this year as I'll be living in France for
6mths so I'll be interested to see what happens.
if that logo took a year to produce then a few people have been taken for a ride! Looks like it’s been knocked up in an hour on a Friday afternoon ! SHOCKING !

ASHIPP

"Its purpose is to bring us closer to our fans".
That went well then !
Closer....in what way?

The ideal time to consider a rebrand would have been as part and parcel of the original takeover of the Club. The timing of the logo change now is a mystery.. ...unless this season's jersey design is a one off.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #275
if that logo took a year to produce then a few people have been taken for a ride! Looks like it’s been knocked up in an hour on a Friday afternoon ! SHOCKING !
Friday night after the pubs closed more like it. Woke up this morning sweating and shaking hoping it was all a scary nightmare, but no such luck, a lousy shirt, horrific ice, and I am now a season ticket holder for the Cardiff Clan. Even the bluebirds are looking good now. and I haven’t been there for 55 yrs.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #276
Wasn’t there last night but quite a clever move on managements part reall.
announce the 3 signings, ( not impressed with overall ) 2 of them average and detract from the fact we really could have done with 2 better players than we had previously AND then produce the new logo for us all to salivate over ! there is hardly any talk of the signings as the logo is so bad it’s causing meltdown. Shame they didn’t offer a selection online for the fans to look at and vote upon, in that way it would have been more representative of the fans feelings. Sorry TK, you got it wrong again !
Not being funny mate but one horrific attempt is enough, 3 probably would have pushed people over the edge.

Pleximan

The more I look at it the more I am baffled, why has this been done?
Clearly this hasn't gone down well judging by the groundswell of criticism here, the club have scored a massive own goal with this appalling decision, and to not even bother to consult the fans first shows contempt by who has made this decision, no difficult to work out who.
The club have binned our great logo for that LimeGreen rubbish. After many years as a ST holder I am moving my cash back to Cardiff City.

kingmo19.1

First logo - said the words ‘Cardiff Devils’, has the picture of a Devil plus Ice Hockey sticks and was in our Colours - the best logo hands down.

Second logo - A step back on the above, although it was ok.

Third attempt - A total and utter disaster and contains nothing that the first logo had. The person who designed that should resign, the person who approved it should resign and if anyone cares at the club, take on board that you have made a monumental balls up on multiple levels with this and alienated your fanbase, so swallow your pride and row-back on it !!!!