3rd August

MA18

Respectfully I would point out that technically/in theory/naively there is a wage cap. So if we are operating a roster at the wage cap level (as has been said for many seasons) then generating more income from the ice sponsorship wouldn't make us more competitive as we couldn't spend above the cap.

What it probably does is make more income to cover our costs like energy and now rent/lease. Or make up for lost revenue from depleted merch sales...

Nb. Noted that the black logos haven't been finished yet. No way is Limegreen Tangerine not going to be lime green.
Are nicer apartments, fleet cars, expenses and another sweetners included in the gentlemen’s agreement of the non adhered to wage cap?

ASHIPP

Whilst the new logo is certainly devisive and has caused the biggest debate since the Presidential primaries.......the biggest concern for me is the overuse of purple in our building and branding.

Sorry, whilst I understand that Vindico livery is primarily purple and white, I am beginning to think we are gradually being morphed into Clan fans in a Clan environment. HIDEOUS.

DEVILS world has always been red, green, white... Devils' fans haven't forgotten that.

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

I’d like the owners/Council to tell everyone who has the lease to the facility and is the 2nd ice pad going to remain in its current format.

As for the logo and rebranding explanation, if a business wants to grow & has the room too, great, bring it on. Exactly how will the Devils, with a limited capacity arena , grow, how do you, well maybe their looking at the average age of a typical fan and realised that demographic has an age limiting risk to the long term future of the club. Or maybe the mystical gantry does exist in reality. Maybe the council have promised a new 14,000 seat facility, maybe…..not a chance.

As for this being my “Wet dream”, nothing disappoints me more than fans leaving the club in the way they did yesterday. Ironically I’d love my comments to be wrong, to be belittled by those who do regularly, after a night of joy, great signings, an amazing rebranding that utilised the fan base via the fan group they formed before COVID (where are they now) and a fully revamped facility with all its many many faults and poor maintenance and facilities fully addressed and fixed. For the 2nd ice pad to be full of young kids, teenagers and adults enjoying a skate, people buying up not only the new merch, but also food, drinks, snacks etc etc.

I so wish to be massively wrong, yet here we are, still……

Last edited:

Gospel

This is not a club i now recognise. It just seems that that fans are being taken for mugs. We get to have crappy a brand of hockey but told every season we have a physical team, we now have an ice pad that resembles the classified ads of a local rag, a shirt logo that doesnt bring the team "closer to the fans" as some idiot thought it would, replica jerseys at a stupid price and the arena, well, others have expressed views on that.

If a rebranding was necessary at least have the bollocks to have some kind of fan consultation/interaction as you would have probably saved yourself thousands of pounds.

My interest in this club has waned over the last couple of years and this season now i have zero interest.

doron

after seeing the photo of the ice pad. wow, how the hell do you see the puck. way to much going on. why not just get 4 - 50" tv's and join them together as a digital bill board / it dont cost big money, easy to set up, anyone can doit. hell the fans would even help pay for it . imagin 4 set's of 4tv walls rotating adds , much better idea and you could do a hell of alot more with them, intro's your mind is your limit.

SteveKing

Where do I start? I have been trying to not post because I wanted this group to have some time but I also needed time for myself to calm down Before I said things that I’d regret.

Yes, we 100% knew that there would be a faction of fans that would be violently opposed to any change. For any club or any business, that can’t be allowed to be the primary influence on decisions if you want to keep growing. We also knew that logo changes almost unanimously take time for people to get used to before they are loved. But nearly 24 hours in to the brand launch, it appears that it is the very vocal online crowd that has created the vast majority of the drama as merchandise sales are significantly ahead of other years.

The biggest point I need to make though - since this forum is about unfiltered opinions is that i have an overwhelming sense of sadness based on the comments made on here. Social media has a well-documented effect on people to eliminate positive thought and become a negatively echo chamber. That’s universal, not specific to the Inferno. The sadness for me is how it has taken so much joy out of following this club - for me, and for many different fans. We have even had Devils players contact us today asking what on earth is the mater with our fans. That is devastating to me and unfortunately something our fan base has become known for.

So I totally get that some of you may not like the logo. It took me a while to love it. But maybe it’s time to take a breath. I feel like we’ve been a very fan-centric club in our nine years and we’ve treated everyone from players to fans as family and with respect. We’re going to keep trying to grow this team ina thoughtful and professional way. Our goal is to win championships and to do that, we need to keep growing. I know you all want first line talent on our third line so we need to keep moving forward

If you need to move on from the Devils because of the logo change, that’s very unfortunate for both of us but I really hope that some sanity prevails here and we can all make the Devils what it is supposed to be - which is a place we can get together as a family and enjoy the positivity and joy that hockey brings.

E.D.S.

Not sure I understand the post. It’s a nice reminder about posting sensibly and agree if people want to walk away from the Devils because of a logo then so be it. I’ve not seen much of that on here. I don’t think any of that is relevant. This fan base is no different to any other fan base in this league and other sports. It’s no more toxic or supportive. Having played top level sport, I can vouch for that. As daft as it is for a fan walking away from a team because of a logo change it’s even more daft to hear of players doubting playing for the devils because of a few dickheads who can’t post sensibly.

What about the logo? Why? What was the thinking? All reasonable questions.

lloyd_jeff

Where do I start? I have been trying to not post because I wanted this group to have some time but I also needed time for myself to calm down Before I said things that I’d regret.

Yes, we 100% knew that there would be a faction of fans that would be violently opposed to any change. For any club or any business, that can’t be allowed to be the primary influence on decisions if you want to keep growing. We also knew that logo changes almost unanimously take time for people to get used to before they are loved. But nearly 24 hours in to the brand launch, it appears that it is the very vocal online crowd that has created the vast majority of the drama as merchandise sales are significantly ahead of other years.

The biggest point I need to make though - since this forum is about unfiltered opinions is that i have an overwhelming sense of sadness based on the comments made on here. Social media has a well-documented effect on people to eliminate positive thought and become a negatively echo chamber. That’s universal, not specific to the Inferno. The sadness for me is how it has taken so much joy out of following this club - for me, and for many different fans. We have even had Devils players contact us today asking what on earth is the mater with our fans. That is devastating to me and unfortunately something our fan base has become known for.

So I totally get that some of you may not like the logo. It took me a while to love it. But maybe it’s time to take a breath. I feel like we’ve been a very fan-centric club in our nine years and we’ve treated everyone from players to fans as family and with respect. We’re going to keep trying to grow this team ina thoughtful and professional way. Our goal is to win championships and to do that, we need to keep growing. I know you all want first line talent on our third line so we need to keep moving forward

If you need to move on from the Devils because of the logo change, that’s very unfortunate for both of us but I really hope that some sanity prevails here and we can all make the Devils what it is supposed to be - which is a place we can get together as a family and enjoy the positivity and joy that hockey brings.
The Flames C logo has remained stoic, what was the feeling about the introduction of Blasty, was he welcomed ? Would Calgarian‘s accept a similar change in their branding.

We’ve got the Dragon as a symbol of Wales, would not a similar introduction be more appropriate.