4pm face off

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDom

That shouldn't affect me too much but it would have been nice to be consulted / warned prior to committing to season tickets.

The same goes for the 4 weekends we have of home double headers.

I may be wrong but also seems like a lot more Saturday games than normal too.

I have my son till 4 on a Sunday it worked perfect before!
I feel sorry for Sunday workers who finish at 4 and bought season tickets I think fans should have be asked about this before, not a good move by the club in my opinion, I can see what there saying but the people they will gain from a early face off they will loose in double by 4pm fo

august04

This should have been made crystal clear before season tickets went on sale. If it had been, I wouldn't have bought mine. Very disappointed in the Devils management on this one.

Only reason I could commit to a season ticket was because I finished work at 5pm (latest 5:30) on a sunday. So that means no hockey from January onwards, and I wont be able to see the new arena. :(

Sheincar

Change seems to be after move to new rink. Was there something in the planning permission that specified we had to be out of rink by certain time?

Very disappointed with the amount of Saturday games and the change of time, would have reconsidered buying a season ticket. Why no consultation with the fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocko

Personally I quite like the change. It brings it into line with most other sports; a 6pm start on a Sunday is quite late.

James

Administrator
block11 said:
Very disappointed with the amount of Saturday games and the change of time, would have reconsidered buying a season ticket. Why no consultation with the fans?
We've had a roughly 50/50 split for Saturday games for a few years. I'm probably going to miss some games due to the new Sunday start time though :(

But I bought my ticket thinking it was a 6:00 start and a majority of games on a Sunday as it always used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drainage

Ocko said:
Personally I quite like the change. It brings it into line with most other sports; a 6pm start on a Sunday is quite late.
Seems some of EIHL teams have an earlier face off if you look at fixtures Sheffield, Manchester 5pm Coventry 5.15pm, some of the Scottish teams are 6.30 so bit of a mix bag !

I dont have an issue personally either but probably could have been made more obvious

Personally speaking, I would have reconsidered my decision to purchase a season ticket had I known about the 4pm Sun face offs, as I work on Sundays until 3pm (in Swansea), so I do wish the Devils' intention to change face off times would have been publicised before now. Having said that, I realise you can't please all of the people all of the time, it's just that a heads up would have been welcomed.

Disappointed there's a game at the same time as Wales v Israel at the City Stadium too as I already have tickets for that one. Surely the Devils attendance will take a hit given the magnitude of the game in terms of qualification, and already being a 30,000 sell out.

d20

I'm happy with the changes ,more saturday games which is good for me as I have 2 boys who love going and its better for me as they don't have school the morning and again I'm happy with the new face off times on a sunday its better for me and most families as with last years times a sunday night was hard with the boys having school and earlier start time means this doesn't interfere.
I know some wont be happy but hockey is a family sport and the more families the clubs can get in the better ,its also been done for a for a few reasons as Todd has said they can do more in the rink before and after games as with the team signings after games like last year which ended up late with earlier FO times the club can do more plus the games finish earlier so others still have the night to do things after the game .I think we need to show some respect to the management in the changes and not be to critical of it as some have been on here ,changes have been made for reasons and with the new managment team we need to get behind them and not criticise because they do listen ,it works both ways some may now struggle when we go in the new rink but some may benefit.

Cant wait for the new season now .

Wannabe2

We that's me buggered 3 season tickets for jack all, can't make 4pm face offs. 9 yrs fighting for the place now this thrown in my face, very unhappy.

d20

Gohabsgo said:
Personally speaking, I would have reconsidered my decision to purchase a season ticket had I known about the 4pm Sun face offs, as I work on Sundays until 3pm (in Swansea), so I do wish the Devils' intention to change face off times would have been publicised before now. Having said that, I realise you can't please all of the people all of the time, it's just that a heads up would have been welcomed.

Disappointed there's a game at the same time as Wales v Israel at the City Stadium too as I already have tickets for that one. Surely the Devils attendance will take a hit given the magnitude of the game in terms of qualification, and already being a 30,000 sell out.

I dont think many hockey fans will bother with the wales game I know most die hard fans will go the devils game before the football,they cant please everyone .

Have Hope#35

d20 said:
Gohabsgo said:

I dont think many hockey fans will bother with the wales game I know most die hard fans will go the devils game before the football,they cant please everyone .
Agree... To be honest the more Ice Hockey I watch, the less I enjoy Football! Nice to see Welsh Football on the up but Hockey all the way for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.