A bit of positivity - Josh Batch

Thread starter #1
On a positive note, I think Batchy is having the best start to a season since he joined.
He is playing confidently, very few errors and breaking up a lot of plays, not to mention putting in some big hits. Playing consistently on D has upped his game.

I would not want to move him because of the above but we are missing that size and presence up front at the moment. Perhaps play him or Louis up front to give the smaller guys some protection and put pressure on the opposing team for a few games.

terry hunt

I hate to say it but the spell he had with the Storm in the EIHL series seemed to do wonders for him.Finners seemed to give him lots of icetime and he played with a regular partner.Perhaps we should have looked at his line mate for the Devils.
Andreas Klavestad plays for Stavanger Oilers

bb1

He can put in some real bone crunching hits and for me he plays his best when he shows his teeth. When he goes into his shell hes not the same player. I really want him to be that nasty D man we have patrolling the blue line.

There aren't many brits if any who have the size, strength and physical capabilities of Josh. He needs to keep using that to his advantage game in game out.

Temme

I spent the entire first 2 periods on Saturday wishing he would take the body a little more often rather than play the poke check, because with his speed he seems to get great timing to lay some mammoth hits but often plays the poke check or ties a stick up.

He then made a couple of huge hits in the third and really got things going.

I completely agree he's been great this year so far. Very responsible on the back end which is what we need & is definitely at his best when playing the body.

voth26

Batch can be a right handful when he's a bit pissed, putting in big hits so hopefully he continues playing the way he's doing now and I wouldn't mind seeing him drop the mitts occasionally Josh is a very good technical fighter who makes his punches count, but sometimes he seems to be to nice then his physical play drops

Ocko

Batch’s best season as a Devil so far.

He’s definitely a D man rather than a 4th line forward. Seems to grow into the game with the more minutes he plays. He’s also taking the body mid ice better than he has before.