A question of loyalty!

Thread starter #1
Just a bit of a rant over something that p****d me off in the bar last week, walks in the bar while the game was in play (maybe about a minute of the second period left) and the bar was empty just about to order a pint and Stevie Lyles dad walked in :evil: with him knowing i was first he proceeded to order a few drinks and the bar staff were all over him like a rash, he didn't have the decency to say to me that i was first and let me get served.

I know this is trivial but i go to every game and have done for 22 years this guy comes about three times a year when Stevie Lyle is in town and gets preferential treatment where as i spend a bomb down the rink week in week out and get treated like shite, i for one ain't going to put up with this crap much longer it just isn't on.

rolf

well - reasoned dave. with you all the way son. let's sack the bar staff too. perhaps G will be better on the tap than on the bench. put hinks on hot dogs and aubrey on the beer tray. hinks'll eat the lot and aubrey will drop the rest. before we know it we'll have -------------- back and maybe even snifferbob.....

NO!

I agree with Dave though it is a question of loyalty it used to happen all to often in the old rink, and by the way who the hell is Steve Lyles dad? he is a nobody in this new rink.,

Sliput

Ha Ha....try being female,going out up town on a sat and fri night when all the bar staff are female.....you magically become invisable...if your a guy...ohh you get served straight away :twisted: :eek: :D

davew

We are so uncivilized in this country when it comes to getting drinks....

In north america you have a pay point at the bar, where you have to line up instead of trying to grab some poorly paid, overworked person's eye.

They also have bus boys/girls going round tables to see if anyone wants another drink....ok you have to tip but I much prefer their system to the (what can become) confrontational one we use here.