Air the bear - December 8th

ASHIPP

Finny will have the stats even for this......but am I right in thinking one of the biggest Air the Bears of recent years was at a Calgary Hitmen game? The bears were still being thrown 20 mins later!Didnt it take something like 30 minutes to eventually clear the ice?

Incidently, the Hitmen were one of Kenton's teams early in his career.

Finny

ASHIPP said:
Finny will have the stats even for this......but am I right in thinking one of the biggest Air the Bears of recent years was at a Calgary Hitmen game?
I may have some really odd and weird stats, but Air the Bear is not one of them! :p

Have Hope#35

ASHIPP said:
Finny will have the stats even for this......but am I right in thinking one of the biggest Air the Bears of recent years was at a Calgary Hitmen game? The bears were still being thrown 20 mins later!Didnt it take something like 30 minutes to eventually clear the ice?

I think you're right... I read somewhere that it was in the region of 80,000 bears!

rocketbob

Thread starter #8
I hope the plexi in the new building has been designed to take the teddy toss into account. Look at this horrendous scene from the Vancouver Giants (Tyson Marsh's former club) rink. Kids in the front row not able to get their bears onto the ice. Carnage.
;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://youtu.be/onmBP15FSTw

Have Hope#35

Have Hope#35 said:
ASHIPP said:

I think you're right... I read somewhere that it was in the region of 80,000 bears!
Meant to be 18,000... Not 80 :DWD

I should be coming on Sunday with my two youngsters. I've not been to an air the bear game before. When they say "wrapped" do they mean in wrapping paper? I've seen some clips (not BBT) where they are in sealed polythene bags.

Don't want to do the wrong thing.

Thanks

Have Hope#35

Glover said:
I should be coming on Sunday with my two youngsters. I've not been to an air the bear game before. When they say "wrapped" do they mean in wrapping paper? I've seen some clips (not BBT) where they are in sealed polythene bags.

Thanks
Tied up in a carrier bag is fine... It's mainly so the teddy doesn't get wet and mucky on the ice!

Have Hope#35 said:
Glover said:

Thanks
Tied up in a carrier bag is fine... It's mainly so the teddy doesn't get wet and mucky on the ice!
Thanks for that. Thought that was the reason.

Has any team ever arranged an Air the Bear event and got shut out?

I have some ideas for Air the Bare but I might get banned if I followed them through.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk