Air the bear!

Thread starter #1
Just thought I'd post a reminder that this Saturday's game sees the Devils Air the bear / Teddy toss :)

Bring your bears in a sealed carrier bag or similar.

If it was the game just gone, I wonder how many bears would have ended up in the Giants bench on Sunday.... :twisted:

Thread starter #3
Happy soul aren't you.

Yes, I saw that thread, but it had died, so I posted a reminder.
As it's about the Devils getting involved in helping kids in hospital and/or less fortunate than others at Christmas, I really don't see a problem.

I guess you won't be joining in then.

osh

Lloyd said:
Already a thread going on about this
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5199

but is there any thing better to talk about on a HOCKEY forum than throwing stuffed animals about this place is a joke :DWD

:lol:

There are lots of topics about hockey, why be so critical of someone reminding us to contribute to a good cause at this time of the year!!
Perhaps you should just have said nothing eh?

Now I know I'm going to the game, I can't wait for the Devil's first goal. I'm definitely going to bring a teddy with me and I hope a lot of other people do as well.

I just love the "air the bear" game. You spent all warm up trying to spot the bears, saying to each other, Can't see many bears!!!! Then that 1st goal goes in and its, wow where did all them bears come from.... :lol: I'm just so gutted that I woun't be there this year, as its the works xmas party...dame these saturday games.....Hope they get a good turn out and many bears ;)

Thread starter #7
Off to buy the bears tomorrow.
Hopefully it'll be raining bears, and lots of kids can have a happier Christmas!
:Banana

ASHIPP

A few seasons ago, an 'Air the Bear' game for the Calgary Hitmen (incidentally, a team that Kenton Smith played for earlier in his career) in Canada saw the world record number of bears flying onto the ice! Literally in the 1000's. Play was stopped for 30 minutes to clear them up!

Can't provide the link, sorry, but it is on YouTube.

TheStub

Re: Re: Air the bear!

ggiant said:
We are doing it again this year on the 17th against the Stars so a good chance of scoring 1 in that game.
I can see a common tactic on the night we Toss Bears on the ice.

Choose the opponents you feel confident to score on.

wildthing74

Can we have a hot dog toss against Hull? would love our fans to get a free shot the first shift Campbell is on the ice.That would be worth paying the £3 quid each or whatever they cost?

Skippy

wildthing74 said:
Can we have a hot dog toss against Hull? would love our fans to get a free shot the first shift Campbell is on the ice.That would be worth paying the £3 quid each or whatever they cost?
Great idea

On the highlight and on the above videos some of the Stars look a bit confused and angry. The goal itself seemed fairly uncontroversial, so I'm thinking... Did we tell them it would be raining bears?

Paul Sullivan

Mark666 said:
On the highlight and on the above videos some of the Stars look a bit confused and angry. The goal itself seemed fairly uncontroversial, so I'm thinking... Did we tell them it would be raining bears?
We did tell them, yes.

Perhaps they had a couple 'directed' bears come a bit close ;)