Anthony Beer

osh

Thread starter #1
My very best wishes to 'Father' Anthony Beer for his future in the Vale of Glamorgan area. Anthony was the author of the fantastic book 'it's funny when you win everything' The story of the Cardiff Devils.
I don't suppose a 'Devils chant' would be appropriate during one of his future Sunday services eh ;)
Good luck to Anthony, he contributed so much to the Devils over many years and was certainly instrumental in gaining the support of Cardiff folk for our ice hockey team.

Quote;
There was standing room only at St James’ Wick, for the licensing of Father Anthony Beer in the rectorial benefice of Llantwit Major, where he has served as curate for the last two years.

The former HM Customs & Excise Officer, Welsh Government civil servant and freelance ice hockey journalist was ordained in 2009, working as a non-stipendiary curate for two years in the parish of Caerau-with-Ely in Cardiff, before moving to the Vale in 2011 to work for the church full-time.

Wannabe2

Nice post Osh, Anthony was a true Devils fan, always thought he was a real gentlman and always had time for everyone, I wish him all the very best in life, and it would be awesome to maybe see him again at a game.

Paul Sullivan

I'd like to add my best wishes to Anthony.

He is a gentleman of the first order and a genuinely warm and caring human being.

Having travelled the country with him, enjoyed many wonderful occasions in hockey with him (including 'that' 30th birthday song on a Scottish double header) and spent years lamenting his absence from both the Devils and hockey in general, I am delighted to see this appointment.

I've been lucky enough to reconnect with him recently and that has been, as he would say, a real blessing for me.

If British Ice Hockey had more Anthony Beers and Richard Murrays, we would be in an enviable position.

Congratulations Anthony. It's always funny when you praise everything :D

D

Deleted member 1337

osh said:
Anthony was the author of the fantastic book 'it's funny when you win everything' The story of the Cardiff Devils.
That was a great book. I have 2 copies (don't ask how or why, I don't know myself how I came about 2 :? ).

drainage

I have or had the book lent it somewhere recently but cracking read by a cracking man

A true gent and genuine informed fan... Those who haven't read the book have missed out