Ashley Tait signs for the sheffield

think this comes from the bloke who presents radio sheffield winding seth up...i'll find the quote on the forum...

Doom said:
I was just listening to Radio Sheffield but unfortunately my radio cut out mid conversation between Toby Foster and Seth.

Basically Toby Foster was being his usual trouble causing self and said to Seth at the end of the sports bulletin that the Steelers had signed someone.

Seth's response was that he couldn't tell him.

The radio then cut out as Toby was talking and when it came back on I caught the end of Seth saying "Tait".

Gazza272

devils2001uk said:

What? how can you say it's fact? it's based on a poster on Steeltalk saying he heard a radio presenter saying his name when he thought his mic was off, he didnt say he heard him say 'oh it's tait coming back' it was merely just his name.

That's far from fact, an insinuation yes, and one could draw a conclusion that it could well be Tait. But far away from it being a nailed on fact until a press release is issued.

Thread starter #7
cause im recating to a lot more that just someone post about a radio show, and that i trust in what liam says i had it said as well from sources close to the steelers

Gazza272

devils2001uk said:
cause im recating to a lot more that just someone post about a radio show, and that i trust in what liam says i had it said as well from sources close to the steelers

Well ok but it still isnt straight out Fact is it? i mean Tait could well get offered more money in Italy between now and when he is supposed to be announced.

I'ed still classify it as rumour for now because it is at present merely hearsay.

ASHIPP

Gazza272 said:
devils2001uk said:

What? how can you say it's fact? it's based on a poster on Steeltalk saying he heard a radio presenter saying his name when he thought his mic was off, he didnt say he heard him say 'oh it's tait coming back' it was merely just his name.

That's far from fact, an insinuation yes, and one could draw a conclusion that it could well be Tait. But far away from it being a nailed on fact until a press release is issued.
This is a bit like someone recently on the Steeltalk saying that they had heard that Ryan (Finnerty) had been talking to Steve Munn when Munn had re-signed for Sheffield next season......so it must mean that Ryan has re-signed for them as well! :roll: Players have friends in different teams - they keep in touch.
Nothing should be believed until an official announcement is made.

Thread starter #20
Steelers Captain Jonathan Phillips welcomed home Ashley Tait and said the rest of the team couldn't wait to hook up with their former team mate again in September

"I think we have all been expecting this news for sometime" said Jono "lots of the guys have stayed in touch with Ash, we all understood his reasons for trying something different and new

"Ash will be welcomed back with open arms, who wouldn't want Ashley Tait on their team, he is respected by every player, Brit or import, he is a leader, a winner and proven quality

"The Steelers just got a lot better with his signing as there is only one Ashley Tait and we have him"

it now on the front page of the steelers web page, now are we all happy !