Away CC Final Game

Thread starter #1
Is there any chance of the club sorting maybe a feed of the game in the NIC on the second leg to a pub or venue in Cardiff where they could charge £5 a head or something for Devils fans to come and watch the game if they cant make it up. I know theres a million things that may make it totally impossible but im sure with a bit of thought it would be a wise idea, and they could split the profits 50/50 with the Panthers org. Simply because Tuesday for most of us is an impossible day to reach Nottingham.

Just a thought...

Would be nice if we could have it on down the tent on the TV's and get as many fans down as possible. Won't be quite the same as seeing it live but better than nothing. As you say Tuesday evening is not going to be great for the majority of people. Could make a few quid on drinks and food etc. as well.

Trouble is I think the second leg is being filmed for Sky for the highlights show so I doubt they will allow anyone else to cover it. Bit of a shame really as I don't have sky anymore but I won't pay their stupid prices just for an hour or two hockey each weekn and by the time it goes out everyone will know the result anyway.

If they were showing the game live on sky then that might work but I don't think they've ever done a live game.

A

Anonymous

Got to say, its really unfair on us Devils fans having the second leg on a Tuesday night. Could and should of been arranged as a weekend game, bank hol or whatever. While I'm here, the Devils team pic above me now, who is the player on the far right? (big smile, ginger beard)

Chris

Administrator
The images rotate, but i'm thinking it might be Dion Darling...

With regards to the dates, Tuesday does indeed suck for traveling fans but Nottingham play out of an arena that hosts an awful lot of other events, they pay for all their league games upfront I believe to try and guarantee weekend games.

With the gates both teams are likely to see for this game, I doubt either team would have been willing to double a game up to ensure a weekend game.

The only good thing is the game is starting fairly late(ish) giving people a chance to get up here in time for faceoff, although it's going to be a mad rush...

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Why would they want to do that?

They had a crowd of something like 5233 last night, no one in their right mind would want to lose one game with a guaranteed crowd of 4000+

Wouldn't be a surprise if the Tuesday game sees a similar crowd...

Chris.