Back Gate

Thread starter #1
Thought i might ask this on here first before i go down the Planet Ice/Club route.

Does anyone know why they don't open the back gate in the overflow carpark that comes out by the apartments??

It appears that sales for the games have gone up = the number of cars at the rink would have gone up. Its bad enough trying to get into the rink before the game but i didnt move for like 15mins on Sunday after the match. I think its also the reason why in the last minute we get so many fans getting up and leaving, if they knew they might get out of the carpark in a decent space of time then they might not be so quick to leave before the final buzzer

P.s. apologies if anyone else has asked this question before and ive misssed the thread

I believe it has been asked before and is something to do with the council owning the land and having the keys to the gates?

I fully agree something needs to be done about the parking situation though. More so now that the Council have decided to cash in and stop people parking in the alternative spots we have done for the past 2 years. Add to this the fact the swimming pool now employ numerous people to block off the free routes into their car park so its line their pockets or give it to the DCF charity. Naturally most people choose the charity option including myself but it does lead to parking issues.

Although i don't like doing it, i now make a point of leaving my seat during a break in play near the end and then rushing off at the final buzzer just so i can get to the car asap and avoid the traffic chaos post match!

Not the most enjoyable end to games but better than sitting in gridlock for 15 minutes after the games... It would be so much easier if we could arrange for the rear gate to be opened after the games.

Think you will find this on another post but the reason is with the council they will not let plant ice use back gate, trust me they have tried for keys but it falls on deaf ears with the council!

Finny

I've stopped using the rink carpark because of the terrible queues getting out. I can wait until well after the game has finished, walk back over to Morrisons and be on my way whilst some people are still queueing to get out.

Although I was tempted to get some big boltcutters and remove the padlock myself. But that would be naughty.

TheStub

Apparently it is because the pool kept leaving the gate open so the council have put their foot down.

Anyone have a name to write to to complain?

I'd suggest parking in Morrisons instead of the rink. It's free and it's less than 5min walk away. Also, you won't get a ticket for parking there.

I've always thought i should park in Morrisons but I'm worried about coming back after a game to find the gates locked. :eek:
Is it always open?

I mostly cycle tho. :mrgreen: :lol:

James

Administrator
Mark666 said:
I've always thought i should park in Morrisons but I'm worried about coming back after a game to find the gates locked. :eek:
Is it always open?

I mostly cycle tho. :mrgreen: :lol:
Morrisons car park is always open.

Morrisons never lock the gates. Ever. They (very nicely) let the residents of Prospect Place park there every day - I guess to encourage them to shop there - so they're never shut. I'm pretty sure they announced when the rink was first built that they were happy for Devils fans to park there too - not sure how I can prove that though!

DevilDom

It's great that Morrisons don't seem to mind people parking there, but doesn't that take money away from DCF?

All because the council are being awkward.

TheStub

Nothing stopping people dropping £1 into their hands if you want to make the donation.

On a slightly related note - I wish the pool would switch the carpark entrances they use. Their money collecting activity causes that massive tailback before every game, as there is no where to queue whilst paying. If they made the pool carpark straight on, rink carpark left at the roundabout it would cure a lot of the ills getting into the rink.

Wannabe2

mark33 said:
Think you will find this on another post but the reason is with the council they will not let plant ice use back gate, trust me they have tried for keys but it falls on deaf ears with the council!
Think Planet Ice have gone through enough back gates to be honest with you.

osh

All being well :roll: our new rink is supposed to be ready in 2012. That means once construction works/site clearance etc starts, for most of 2011, and up until the new rink is finished, we won't be able to use the current parking facilities anyway due to the allocated space for new rink and all materials and contractors facilities etc

I park in the pool car park purely because it's quicker to get out of. I did laugh at the last game though as there were no barriers or officious person at the back entrance and people were happily going in that way without paying. I just wish I had spotted it sooner.

If there was more than one exit at the rink I would park there but, on the occassions I have, it just takes so long to get out

TheStub said:
Nothing stopping people dropping £1 into their hands if you want to make the donation.

On a slightly related note - I wish the pool would switch the carpark entrances they use. Their money collecting activity causes that massive tailback before every game, as there is no where to queue whilst paying. If they made the pool carpark straight on, rink carpark left at the roundabout it would cure a lot of the ills getting into the rink.
Totally agree with this one, if the pool used the white water entrance it would make it easyer to get into the devils car park and sort out the traffic problems.

On another note, beware the pool people luying, one said to me that the money was going to the devils, which after contacting them was clearly a lie, they charge because apparently their customer numbers go down when the devils are playing because people supposidly can't park. Also, does anyone charge the pool users to park in the rink carparks when there is a swimming gala on?

wildthing74

ScarletDevil said:
they charge because apparently their customer numbers go down when the devils are playing because people supposidly can't park. Also, does anyone charge the pool users to park in the rink carparks when there is a swimming gala on?
Got to love that reasoning.I bet they really get a massive take up for people going swimming after 6pm on a Sunday night.As if they expect people to buy that.