Bannister Leaves Braehead

Thread starter #1
Quite shocked by this, Bannister is off to Owen Sound Attack in the OHL. Clan fans are probably feeling exactly as we did when we first heard about Tylor. I thought Bannister had already pledged commitment to Braehead, but he's obviously been offered a good deal.

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/Articl ... ?e=3576171

Will be interesting to see who the Clan get in and if he's capable of building as good a team as Bannister did.

TheStub

Good move for him though. That is a proven route to coaching at AHL and NHL.

The current head coach of New Jersey went from the OHL to the NHL Panthers. He'd be a fool not to take that chance.

TheStub

In fairness to Drew, maybe he didn't know.

In hockey it seems you get approached rather than apply for these opportunities.

Stub he did know he has been speaking to his new club for almost two weeks.
He applied for jobs back home that I have no problem with. What I do have a problem with his the way he did it.
The club bent over backwards for him and waited and waited for him to commit then a few days later he started talking to club.
He then blames our league for letting Danton in and the format etc. excuse? Damn right
Bruce Richardson left with everyone's good wishes as Bruce was honest and up front about wanting a job back home. As I said would have no problem with Bannister if he went the same way. But instead of being honest he made excuses. So good riddance to him.