Before Paul Ragan

Thread starter #1
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice ... -27290888/

This article and what is said in it about the state of the Devils under Matt Burge's hands is a huge example of how we can never know whats going on with the club and the rose tinted front they can put on it.
We were made to believe the club was taking leaps and bounds forward under Matt Burge's hands when apparently, that wasn't quite the case.

TheStub

Sobering thoughts. It will be interesting to have compared the business to when the Burges took over, there was a definate improvement to the way the club was presented to the outside world.

Hopefully we can see a lot of improvements this season, and complaints and worries that started to become obvious last year become a thing of the past.

Sheincar

In my experience at this club every owner has slagged off the previous one on pretty much the same grounds so personally speaking I'm not reading too much into that.

Kipper

This is one of the reasons why the Cardiff Junior Ice Hockey Club still hold the share with the English Ice Hockey Association and licence the DCF to operate the Juniors.

If this had not been done and the Devils under Matt Burge had gone under, the entire Junior section would have gone with it as has happened in other clubs around the country.

In light of Paul's interesting statement it appears that the directors of CJIHC were very wise to protect the Juniors in the way they did at that time.

Kipper said:
This is one of the reasons why the Cardiff Junior Ice Hockey Club still hold the share with the English Ice Hockey Association and licence the DCF to operate the Juniors.

If this had not been done and the Devils under Matt Burge had gone under, the entire Junior section would have gone with it as has happened in other clubs around the country.

In light of Paul's interesting statement it appears that the directors of CJIHC were very wise to protect the Juniors in the way they did at that time.

Thats something to be grateful for then, my son plays for the under 10's, its good to be back under the wings of the DCF/Devils organisation :D

Koop11

An interesting read to say the least. It appears Mr Burge was in more trouble than first thought. That said, we owe a lot to him for being the person to buy out BP and laying down much of the foundations we have built upon during the Mr Regan era.

Admittedly when I first read this I was thinking to myself is this Paul Ragan’s call for someone to come in a take over the club after the council have shafted us once again (not in that we didn’t get the contract to build and run the rink but more so they gave it to PI). However, reading it again it would appear he is looking for some additional support to take us to another level with the long term goal of making us self financing in years to come and hopefully be in a position whereby he could sell the club and make a profit.

It’s good to read of the hard work ethic that he has installed within the off ice team. Not to suggest the team previously was not that but he has certainly raised the bar in terms of targets and you only have to look at the growth in ST sales this year as evidence of that.