Belfast final

Kevin roog

Thread starter #1
first time for me to Belfast next week, any tips from regular goers, flights, match tickets, hotel all sorted, what do people do to get from the airport, hire car or taxis, cheers in advance

Pondlife

Depends if you're landing in Belfast City or International. If City then it's about a tenner in a taxi to city centre. If international it's about £35 by taxi or you can get the airport bus (45 mins) for about £8 (£11 return I think)

kettdevil1

Most things are walkable in the centre as well so unless you want to go up to Giants Causeway or Portrush then there is no need for a car. A Black Taxi tour appeals to some or the botanic gardens are good if you want something more sedate.

For breakfast there is a fantastic place in the centre that does an Ulster Fry - I think it's called Maggie Mays....

Wannabe2

Depends if you're landing in Belfast City or International. If City then it's about a tenner in a taxi to city centre. If international it's about £35 by taxi or you can get the airport bus (45 mins) for about £8 (£11 return I think)
There’s no flights from Cardiff to Belfast until at least June, and Bristol only fly to International airport unfortunately as it’s a longer journey.

Wannabe2

If you have time, the Crumlin Road Jail is well worth a visit
This is spot on, this visit is a must it’s awesome and very central, Belfast is a great City, the Crown Inn is a must it’s pure Victorian and Robinsons next door is a great pub, with a great Restuarant upstairs, lush food it’s opposite the Europa Hotel which was the most bombed hotel in Europe during the bad times in Belfast. I go to Belfast a lot, and just got back, returning April, and May with work.Also have a beer in the Titanic Hotel right by the Arena it’s a stunning place they do Lush Burgers.

Diafol

Good shout for Robinson's Wannabe - that's where I'll be spending my evenings.
Great craic when we were there last, live Irish music every night in Fibber Magee's out the back.
I'll also be catching the bus from the airport.

Did the Titanic exhibition years ago.
Wasn't sure whether I'd enjoy it but it was brilliant.
Would highly recommend going.
Also the open top bus tour is pretty good.

Is Rockies closed now ?

Good shout for Robinson's Wannabe - that's where I'll be spending my evenings.
Great craic when we were there last, live Irish music every night in Fibber Magee's out the back.
I'll also be catching the bus from the airport.

Did the Titanic exhibition years ago.
Wasn't sure whether I'd enjoy it but it was brilliant.
Would highly recommend going.
Also the open top bus tour is pretty good.

Is Rockies closed now ?
Unfortunately Rockies is closed....big redevelopment in the Pavilion, but that is still ongoing, so only W5 and the cinema open in there at present

drainage

it’s international airport we are going to
If you have time, the Crumlin Road Jail is well worth a visit
Having done Black cab tour , Crumlin Jail and Titanic I would put them in that order….unfortunately a lot of the interactive parts of Titanic tour didn’t work when we went …..maybe teething problems as I think we went fairly soon after opened but was disappointing