Big announcement!!

Ocko

There is definitely a big announcement at 1750 to be made at the tent.

I hope/pray it is Whis as coach. No better man for the job and no better way build bridges with the fans.

Mooney#16

A very good stabilising move and great to see Whistle given three years offering him a chance to come up with a strong stratagy playing wise for entering the new barn with the bigger ice and all the tactical adjustments and challenges that will bring. A good hockey decision.

ASHIPP

A great decision. Experienced coach who will bring continuity and definitely help restore club reputation. 2 renewed season tickets here.

t
ASHIPP said:
A great decision. Experienced coach who will bring continuity and definitely help restore club reputation. 2 renewed season tickets here.
I'm over the moon about this news, however I have to look at it realistically, and no doubt some will think I'm a total sceptic. It's interesting that this will no doubt sell season tickets, aren't they due to go on sale anytime now :eek:
And what exactly does a 3 year contract mean? Big Doug had a 2 year contract at Sheffield, so basically it means nothing.
I really hope it works out for Dave he is a great coach, lets hope he is allowed to get on with his job without any interference.

wildthing74

It's an absolutely fantastic move and I for one am happy.If he is allowed the time and freedom to build this club back up again going into the new rink I see this as very encouraging.

I'm yet to meet a fan or player with a bad word about him but more importantly he is his own man and I'm sure he will want to run the team the way he wants and I'm sure the back office will have to allow him full control.To sign a 3 year deal he must have a lot of faith in our organisation and I hope we can now see a change in the mood amongst the fanbase.

drainage

wildthing74 said:
It's an absolutely fantastic move and I for one am happy.If he is allowed the time and freedom to build this club back up again going into the new rink I see this as very encouraging.

I'm yet to meet a fan or player with a bad word about him but more importantly he is his own man and I'm sure he will want to run the team the way he wants and I'm sure the back office will have to allow him full control.To sign a 3 year deal he must have a lot of faith in our organisation and I hope we can now see a change in the mood amongst the fanbase.
Well said! It's time for some peace and harmony ........let's hope we move forward now

Koop11

A very good business decision by PR to offer Whis a 3 year deal. Continuity is needed going into the new rink. There will be some big changes during this transition so a head coach tied down is very important for the club. There is also of course the very evident views of many fans that is BP is in charge of the bench next season then they would not be renewing their STs. There are some suggestions also that players would not return unless there are some reassurances about who is head coach next season.

There still begs the question of who has what role next season. Will Whis be the sole coach on the bench during games and in practice? Will be have full control over recruitment?

I personally have some reservations about the style of team we will ice under Whis and whether the full 3 years will be honoured but in general I m pleased with this decision. More so because this move brings stability. It is pretty obvious that the current group of players respond well to Whis and despite a poor season, there have been some real gems in our current squad which you hope we can retain. This move will go some way to making that happen. However, this move alone doesn’t guarantee my ST for next year. I want to see some news on player signings and some indication of the direction we will be going down in terms of playing style.

Welcome on board Whis. Give us your very best.

Koop11 said:
A very good business decision by PR to offer Whis a 3 year deal. Continuity is needed going into the new rink. There will be some big changes during this transition so a head coach tied down is very important for the club. There is also of course the very evident views of many fans that is BP is in charge of the bench next season then they would not be renewing their STs. There are some suggestions also that players would not return unless there are some reassurances about who is head coach next season.

There still begs the question of who has what role next season. Will Whis be the sole coach on the bench during games and in practice? Will be have full control over recruitment?

I personally have some reservations about the style of team we will ice under Whis and whether the full 3 years will be honoured but in general I m pleased with this decision. More so because this move brings stability. It is pretty obvious that the current group of players respond well to Whis and despite a poor season, there have been some real gems in our current squad which you hope we can retain. This move will go some way to making that happen. However, this move alone doesn’t guarantee my ST for next year. I want to see some news on player signings and some indication of the direction we will be going down in terms of playing style.

Welcome on board Whis. Give us your very best.
Can't we just be happy at some of the best news to come out of the Club in quite a long time?