bison lose another

Thread starter #1
just read a post on bison forum that danny stewart has quit
but i can't find confirmation although the post said it came from stewart himself

Chris

Administrator
Same poster also said Ross Bowers is joining Slough Jets.

Are they going to have enough players to ice a team?!

Chris.

Yes, if there's one club I'd be cautious to take players from it would be the Bison, as I have a huge soft spot for them.

However, there is a difference between leaving and being tapped up. (and Matt did enable them to have a season) So in that case I'd very much like to see him at Cardiff.

A very talented player, who is a natural goal-scorer and can break a game wide-open.

The only down-side is he does seem to be de-motivated at times, but I'd hope that wouldn't be the case with us.

Out of all the available players from around the league I'd choose him no doubt.

puck

Soundwave1 said:
The only down-side is he does seem to be de-motivated at times, but I'd hope that wouldn't be the case with us.

Out of all the available players from around the league I'd choose him no doubt.

Who wouldn't be de-motivated with what Bison have had to put up with this season? How they have retained anyone there I have no idea!

I'd love to see him in a Devils shirt - awesome player - put him in a better squad with a better off-ice position such as us and he'd go far.

Please G?????? Please????

Chris

Administrator
Eyebrowz aka Chris Carpenter did post on the same thread to say it wasn't happening.

Anyone else out there? :cool:

Chris.

ASHIPP

OMG, this is exactly the young man I've often said looks like a Devil through and through! :D He'd be a great fit for us - fast, can score, can set up goals. Check out his stats this season - pretty good on pp opportunities. Just what we need - PLEASE Gerad, raid those coffers because if we don't snap him up, some other club will move in quickly.

Is anybody else starting to fear for the bison ? I feel sorry for them thier fans are always great at getting behind the team and are always noisy......With this said - i'd take Stuart in an instant.

CJ

CJDevil21 said:
Is anybody else starting to fear for the bison ? I feel sorry for them thier fans are always great at getting behind the team and are always noisy......With this said - i'd take Stuart in an instant.

CJ

i started to fear at the start of the season when they had to lend money off ourselves, hockey isnt that big in the UK, so to loose another team from the top flight will have a huge affect, i will be suprised if they last untill the end of season.

ASHIPP

CJDevil21 said:

CJ
Yeah, you're not alone CJDevil21. I think a lot of folk have have tremendous sympathy for all the troubles at Basingstoke this season. The Club and the players can only take so much. With Reiter's injury, the continuous pattern of match losses and the team playing short-benched, it's all eventually gonna take it's toll. :cry:

I really hope things work out...but I'm afraid I'd still be overjoyed if the Devils signed Danny Stewart, PLEASE. :D

Anyone up for starting a petition to Gerad Adams? :D

CJDevil21 said:
I don't think Reiter will stay long either. So does anyone know what will happen if 10 becomes 9 in the EL ?
CJ
We would replace Bison in the Challenge cup, all points won vs Bison would be removed from all teams, automatic qualification for next round of the BKO and loss of sky deal... thats what i assume anyway..

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
Rumours have it that Danny Stewart is staying at the Bison, and that they may be making some signings soon.
Great news for the Bison. :D They deserve some luck and their league position certainly does not reflect the effort and skill of many of their players.
Bad luck for us if Danny Stewart is staying with them - but we can still enjoy his skills on Saturday (and dream he was a Devil!) :D

just out of interest though, If we did end up getting stewart, wouldnt he take up the import slot which will be given too either Campbell or Fulton. Or is he of dual-nationality or something in which case no import slot would be used?