Blaze a bit weaker for the playoffs?

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #1
Elite Prospects showing Ross Venus in the Transfer section from Coventry Blaze -> Unknown.

Put up some decent numbers this season, 32 points in 52 games (better stats than some of our imports!!!).

moggy#9

So, is this part of the reason for the rumoured reduction in Brit numbers - a number of the established Brits coming up to retirement and insufficient numbers of quality players coming up to replace them?

kettdevil1

Hmmmm maybe although Venus is only late twenties I believe and has been offered a job outside hockey. There are still lots of decent Brits in the league below but the trick is convincing them to give up 30 minutes a game to turn out on the fourth line for 5-10 minutes a game

moggy#9

When you consider Venus retiring, philips retiring, Richardson and batch nearing the end of their careers, not to mention Myers, those are some pretty big skates to fill over the coming years. The situation isn't really helped by some talented players choosing to develop outside the UK.

Frankly the whole development system in the UK seems to need a complete rethink. I know some people on the inferno have first hand experience of the situation, so I'd be interested in their thoughts.

Kevlar68

I saw this topic header and thought to myself are we trying to find other ways to win other than giving it 100% and playing well, we're hoping for a weaker blaze?

Last edited: