Blaze Announce Pre-season fixtures

Thread starter #1
I receieved this from coventry:-

Coventry Blaze are delighted to announce our pre season schedule ahead of the 2009/10 campaign

Coventry Blaze Head Coach, Paul Thompson has lined up a mouth watering series of warm up games ahead of his assault on the 2009/10 Elite League ice hockey season.

Blaze will return to the ice for the first time with back to back games against the Sheffield Steelers that will see the Elite League Champions of the last two seasons go head to head. The first game will be in Sheffield on Saturday 22nd August with the opening game at the Skydome being the following night on Sunday 23rd August (face off 6pm).

Blaze will then renew their rivalry with the Cardiff Devils by visiting the Welsh outfit on Saturday 29th August. The following night, Sunday 30th August, the Blaze will take on Danish Elite League side, AaB Aalborg at the Skydome (Face off 6pm) which will see former stars Neal Martin and Jody Lehman returning to Coventry in Aalborg colours.

Nice to see that other teams are announcing that we are playing them and it isn't even on our website yet!!

Do we think there the only preseason fixtures for us?
I've always wanted to see us play a team from a different league (foreign one) preseason, so I could compare the teams, but also appreciate the different style of play.
It kinda feels like a kick in the teeth when Coventry are doing this :cry:

James

Administrator
would Aalbourg be coming over for just one game against Cov or will they do like Epinal and play a series of games. If so we could well see them at the rink.

ASHIPP

Expect there's a bit of Thompson's 'Coach of Team GB' influence here to get this fixture. :cool: However, wouldn't be suprised if the Steelers get to play Aalborg as well, being League Champions etc. (and even the Giants, as the Cup Winners). Now that would be something of a moral dilemma for Jody Lehman! :lol:

Sliput

Or he knows he can make loads of money with ''Blaze's D God'' playing .He knows loads of fans will turn up to see Neal and TK.

awh - I'll miss that game as I'm going to Reading festival. Never mind - we're playing them 8 times in the league anyway... and possibly up to another 4-5 times on top of that with cup competitions / play-offs.

Looks like there's no "pre-season tournement" as was suggested in the Elite League release a hile back then.

Its excellent news for us Blaze fans ... 5 really good tough pre-season matches with the Aab match as a real highlight, i'd expect the place to be full for the return of Neal and potentially Jody's first game as an Aab player.

Though i do imagine they'll be playing another match over here ... didnt the Vipers GM say they were going to play a bigger side than Coventry this summer?