Blaze v Devils - 22/09 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Deeds and Olson fought and Olson gave him another good beating.

Marsh and Olson fought later and Marsh hung on pretty well and although Olson won it, he did far better than Deeds. It might be that I was watching Deeds more than the rest of your team due to the hype, but he seems pretty poor to me. The words "not fit to lace Voth's boots" spring to mind.

Skippy

J.B said:

Marsh and Olson fought later and Marsh hung on pretty well and although Olson won it, he did far better than Deeds. It might be that I was watching Deeds more than the rest of your team due to the hype, but he seems pretty poor to me. The words "not fit to lace Voth's boots" spring to mind.
Cheers mate hadn't spotted that.

Still not seen enough of deeds to really call it either way as yet. I'm hoping he acts the way he is to keep attention off other guys but I'm becoming worried you might be right thou.

Any ideas on this ?

"Looks like we may have lost another import player to injury but it won't change our spirit! #teamofwarroirs -- Paul Thompson (@thommoblaze)"

wildthing74

I think the stick Deeds got/gets from Blaze fans is they don't like him and nothing wrong with that.
This guy played 170 games in AHL and I don't think I've ever come across a hockey player who has managed that and can't play?
There is no doubting tonight they bounced him around the lines as we seemed to be juggling a fair bit before settling with Deeds/Davies and G.That line looked busy all night but I still don't think the lines will stay as they are.
D were pretty good tonight especially Marsh and fair play for stepping up and jumping in to take on Big Ben.It's clear with his size and reach he will be the main man in this league for sure.

ASHIPP

I seem to recall similar comments being made about Jurynec last year - then he settled down and started playing for the Blaze. Hopefully Deeds will settle into his role on our team.

Several of the Travelling Red Army have commented that the lines still looked like they need tweeking....wonder if any more line changes will be made?

Next up Nottingham Panthers who lost a home last night to Steelers. They will be all out to win down here. Devils must win to stay in the mix for Challenge Cup.
:shock:

Slartibartfast

Deeds fought Olson early in the game but struggled with the reach again. Later Olson cross checked Deeds and Marsh stepped in and fought Olson giving a much better account of himself with Marsh winning the early stages of the fight and Olson the latter stages

wildthing74 said:
I think the stick Deeds got/gets from Blaze fans is they don't like him and nothing wrong with that.
This guy played 170 games in AHL and I don't think I've ever come across a hockey player who has managed that and can't play?
There is no doubting tonight they bounced him around the lines as we seemed to be juggling a fair bit before settling with Deeds/Davies and G.That line looked busy all night but I still don't think the lines will stay as they are.
D were pretty good tonight especially Marsh and fair play for stepping up and jumping in to take on Big Ben.It's clear with his size and reach he will be the main man in this league for sure.
I offer you 1 x Sean Mcmorrow :lol:

Well my Dad was impressed with Luke Piggot tonight as he took some kids from his GCSE chemistry class and before the game Luke came out the dressing room to speak to them about his career in science, which was a nice touch.

Didn't see the game but the trouble with Deeds is he backs himself up better on twitter than on the ice. He comes back with some funny comebacks on twitter but ideally you want him winning fights/scoring big goals to wind up the away fans that way. The biggest wind up players are usually the ones that are dirty, wind the fans up, but also have the ability to grab a hattrick/score the game winner.

I can't remember the player now but years ago in Solihull the fans by me were giving one player so much abuse, he then scored, skated straight over to the fans and licked his stick. The fans went mad and was one of the funniest/best celebrations/fan wind ups i've seen. If you want to play the bad guy, thats what you need to be doing.

wildthing74

jester said:
wildthing74 said:
I offer you 1 x Sean Mcmorrow :lol:
I forget he played that level but I thought it was a handful of games :lol: I haven't seen his stats but if that is the case you defo win that one!

KaneDevils

Cracking game played in a superb atmosphere
Think MNL reported "no atmosphere" and not a very good game? :lol:

I thought Darnell got the big calls right tonight
It also suggested that he had an awful game getting most of it wrong? :lol:

Didn't see the game but the trouble with Deeds is he backs himself up better on twitter than on the ice. He comes back with some funny comebacks on twitter but ideally you want him winning fights/scoring big goals to wind up the away fans that way.
Exactly right. From what I've seen of him I can't help but feel disappointed. He talks a good talk but that's about it. I'd like him to button it a bit on twitter and do more talking on the ice. That's what he's paid for after all. :?

J.B said:

have to agree looks a huge downgrade on voth, voth was a scary guy, huge hitter could kill penalties could score and fight and just seemed to make things happen,, as a blaze fan hated him with a passion and thats how i would expect away fans to feel about impact guys, didi for me at the moment seems a bit of a waste but hopefully he gets better.

KaneDevils said:
Cracking game played in a superb atmosphere
Think MNL reported "no atmosphere" and not a very good game? :lol:

I thought Darnell got the big calls right tonight
It also suggested that he had an awful game getting most of it wrong? :lol:

Didn't see the game but the trouble with Deeds is he backs himself up better on twitter than on the ice. He comes back with some funny comebacks on twitter but ideally you want him winning fights/scoring big goals to wind up the away fans that way.
Exactly right. From what I've seen of him I can't help but feel disappointed. He talks a good talk but that's about it. I'd like him to button it a bit on twitter and do more talking on the ice. That's what he's paid for after all. :?
I have to say that was my view of the game, and I wasn't the texter! I came away feeling bored and frustrated.
Can someone explain to me when hitting the puck over the plexi goes from accidental to delay of game? Or is it just when the ref fancies it?
Marsh put in a better performance against Olson than deeds did in his two attempts. Was never going to win as the guys reach is simply to big for anyone on our team.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

KaneDevils

Can someone explain to me when hitting the puck over the plexi goes from accidental to delay of game? Or is it just when the ref fancies it?
If a player hits the puck straight out and over the plexi (not inc the team bench area) then the ref will call 'Delay of game'.
If there is any deflection from a stick, skate or whatever then he wont. Also if the puck clips the plexi and goes over, nothing will be called.

I think. :lol:

osh

It's early in the season I know, but that is 4 straight losses and we now face a really tough game at home tonight against the Panthers who will be fired up after their loss last night. So, I would imagine that G is starting to worry about the team set up ( lines, calibre of player, effort, fitness & attitude of certain players etc ) I feel tonight's game must be viewed as a must win game after the cup loss against Hull. Fortunately there is a long way to go in the league, but to challenge for a decent position we need to be able to win the overtime games that we don't seem capable of at the moment.

KaneDevils

we now face a really tough game at home tonight against the Panthers
Indeed we do, but just the right game for us at the right time I think. Tonight we will win and it will be an epic. Trust me. Miss this one for nothing !! :Banana

KaneDevils said:
If a player hits the puck straight out and over the plexi (not inc the team bench area) then the ref will call 'Delay of game'.
If there is any deflection from a stick, skate or whatever then he wont. Also if the puck clips the plexi and goes over, nothing will be called.

I think. :lol:
Thanks kanedevil. If that is the case then Faulkner's earlier delay of game should not of been called as it hit the plexi before going over. Wouldn't be the only call he got wrong mind.

As a neutral watching the game I thought the better team ended up with the points tonight...

Blaze short benched looked very impressive and played a very good game of hockey.. Olson slapped Didiomete around again early in the game and for a guy who's main role is the teams enforcer he can play as well.. His 2nd fight with Marsh was closer but again Olson came out on top.. Loved the Tie Domi style celebration as well.

Both net minders had solid games and I was impressed with the Leeb brothers, Guthrie, Egener and Marsh, Faukner & Davies impressed me from the Devils...

When Blaze get a full roster back, and someone to fill Danton place, then i think they will be very competitive this season.

On Didi... He worked hard all night as you would expect from that kind of player, but he seemed to be less physical than what I was expecting.. I thought he would be throwing himself about a bit more, Blaze certainly were not worried about him..

kettdevil1 said:
Some days you get the bear, other days the bear gets you.....

Cracking game played in a superb atmosphere with the Devils fans at their very best... whoever came up with the Danton/Delilah song is a bona fide genius.....

To be honest I am not massively gutted by the result as it was such a good atmosphere and really it could have gone either way. How Ben did not get MOM will remain a mystery and great credit to Marsh for the way in which he stepped in to take on Olsen.

The new lines looked promising although I am still not convinced that we are totally there yet. Bari looked more effective alongside Stu and Phil but we are still a little short of goals.

Finally words I didn't think I would ever write but..... I thought Darnell got the big calls right tonight. The game felt as though it was getting out of control at the end of the 2nd but he was firm when he needed to be and it is difficult to argue with any of his big calls.
A point is a reasonable return but it would be nice to get back to getting Ws...

I'll take the credit for that one along with stick! But it was fine tune by the great red army travel guys too!

kettdevil1

Incidentally, I think I am right in saying that yesterday saw the end of one of the most bizarre sequences in British hockey.

For the first time in Elite League history, we have lost the first competitive game at the Skydome.