Blaze v Devils - 27/08 @ 19:30pm - Preseason - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Welcome back... :D

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will return to host this game and as always he can be shouted at during the game using matchnightlive@gmail.com or possibly the twitter account - https://twitter.com/theInfernoCoUk

It doesn't look like the Blaze are advertising this game as a webcast at the moment, but i'll try and update this thread if I remember and can find some details...

Mooney#16

Re: Blaze v Devils - 27/08 @ 19:30pm - Preseason - Chat/Upda

I'd heard it rumoured and the pic of Bownsy in training he's sporting some snappy red threads so looks like its true. Glory be. A bit of Devils identity restored although I'd have still gone green. Old school stick in the mud that I am.

Ocko

IIRC the last season we had red shorts and helmets was a bit of a disaster; the year of Gillingham, Brill, Durldle etc.

That aside it does look pretty cool, and as Mooney said Bowns does seem to be wearing them. Will certainly aide the Welsh identity!

Devil94

Strange that we haven't had an event with players and jersey release before the first game.

Devil94 said:
Strange that we haven't had an event with players and jersey release before the first game.
The devils are playing the challenge games in training gear iirc while they finish sorting the sponsors.

Bowns pads look sweet mind!!

Ocko

I'm glad other things have obviously taken priority over meet the players. It's probably on the bottom of priorities and isn't actually essential other than for fans to try and claim to be best buddies with a player. That can wait; the players flew in yesterday, I'd prefer to let them get to know each other, settle into their accommodation and practice, practice, practice!

Wannabe2

Chris said:

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Not sure who the host is yet, if we can't find anyone else i'll host and pester everyone else for texts... But whoever is hosting can always be shouted at using matchnightlive@gmail.com or possibly the twitter account - https://twitter.com/theInfernoCoUk

It doesn't look like the Blaze are advertising this game as a webcast at the moment, but i'll try and update this thread if I remember and can find some details...
Blaze definately streaming there game Wednesday guys, and first class it is, so if you ain't going you won't have to miss it.
Happy hockey days.

KaneDevils

Ocko said:
I'm glad other things have obviously taken priority over meet the players. It's probably on the bottom of priorities and isn't actually essential other than for fans to try and claim to be best buddies with a player. That can wait; the players flew in yesterday, I'd prefer to let them get to know each other, settle into their accommodation and practice, practice, practice!
Agreed. Probably nice for the kiddies, but isn't it better to meet them on the ice?
It always intrigues me when people say "player X, cracking human being" after sharing a 10 minute chat and a bag of Walkers smokey bacon.

:DWD

Mooney#16 said:
I'd heard it rumoured and the pic of Bownsy in training he's sporting some snappy red threads so looks like its true. Glory be. A bit of Devils identity restored although I'd have still gone green. Old school stick in the mud that I am.
I have seen the design and there is definitely green on there :D

Sheincar

Ocko said:
It tends to be the opportunity to sponsor players shirts thus raising funds for the club.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #14

Devil94 said:
From the preseason interview we did with Franny...
Franny - With the takeover only completed in mid-June, we are still finalising details for our title and jersey sponsors and we will hopefully bring you news on that very shortly. What is likely to happen is that we will wear our new warm-up jerseys for the pre-season games to allow CH Sports to produce the regular season jerseys in time for the opening weekend on 6th September. We've also made a few other changes to the kit to mark the start of this exciting new chapter.
So it's not all that strange at all really, just sounds like there's so much to be getting on with that they've focused on just getting everything sorted for this season to kick off.

From speaking to Kelman & Lord about interviews they're working nonstop getting the season going... Just seen Ockos post, that about sums it up.

drainage

dave hardman said:
Mooney#16 said:
I have seen the design and there is definitely green on there :D
Bugged me for years when we went from red white and green to red white and black !

We have a flag, anthem , language etc etc lets use the red white and green!

Jones72

They can play in pink and purple tartan (with orange socks and yellow helmets) for all I care...as long as the intensity is there for 60 minutes per game and the off-ice politics are a thing of the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Mooney#16

If they suited up like that I know a tournament in Amsterdam they would be welcomed to. Nearly entered once thinking we could win it but we couldn't pull of camp enough skating style and would have been found out in minutes and disqualified.

Wagstaff

Wannabe2 said:
Chris said:

Not sure who the host is yet, if we can't find anyone else i'll host and pester everyone else for texts... But whoever is hosting can always be shouted at using matchnightlive@gmail.com or possibly the twitter account - https://twitter.com/theInfernoCoUk

Blaze definately streaming there game Wednesday guys, and first class it is, so if you ain't going you won't have to miss it.
Happy hockey days.
Not sure who will be commentating on the webcast as, if I read the thread on our forum right, Paul Wheeler was asked to leave by the club. Anyways, really looking forward to freezing my nuts off and seeing some live hockey again, to seeing how we match up as people are tipping you for glory this season and although we have upgraded, I think it's our turn for a long hard year, having seen who the other teams have brought in.
2 more sleeps...... See you there :)

Wagstaff

Wannabe2 said:
Was wheeler the one who always sounded drunk.
Unfortunately, out of the two, Wheeler was the main commentator and I'm pretty sure it was the other one that sounded drunk.