Blight to Steelers

Kipper said:
Armchair Coach said:
There could be Commercial reasons why a higher earner needs to be released - as many sports finds Commercial reasons often prevail over sentimental reasons - that's life. We live in a Commercial world.
Every chance you are right.However, who is to blame for the falling crowds? Where is the marketing? Why do the management continue to alienate so many of their paying customers?
A commercially viable business does not insult its customers and sponsors.If they can't afford the players it is the fault of two people for not doing their jobs properly.

If they spent as much time marketing or gaining new sponsors instead of spouting bullshit on Devils TV then the business might have a chance of providing what the supporters would be willing to pay to see.

Lastly,what will our commercially viable team look like next season? When will the early bird season tocket offer be coming out?
Expect the following from PR when BP returns from Sochi

Whis did not meet our expectations as we didn't win the CC so am proud to announce we have signed the Best Coach in EIHL history to take the club forward. He is my best friend, greatest GM ever and has given the best hockey advice anybody could ever wish for......... Welcome coach...... Brent Pope !
We will sign the most skilful and speedy Europeans that cost no more than £25 per week from countries that have great hockey history, Albania, Bulgaria, Spain, etc and no Americans or Canadians as they cost too much and only want to fight.
This league is not about toughness any more and I have been assured by the other owners in the league that they won't sign any tough guys or enforcers to beat our players up.
All of this seasons Brits are no longer required as the calibre of the DCF players are better and they only cost dinner money and £5 per month.
As the business is getting better and stronger each year since I arrived we have decided that we don't need any sponsors, plus I didn't like them anyway, and will only be using companies I either own or have shares in.
As a result of THE MILITIA moaning so much I have decided not to have any early bird offer as you fans will do exactly what I say when I say it so with that in mind and the FACT that every year the amount of season ticket holders goes up I am setting the price of a season ticket at £500 with no concessions what so ever. The price of a single ticket will be £25 again with no concessions.
For that bargain price you get to see a brand of hockey never seen before in the UK and I have been assured by Brent that we will win everything this season.
The business of the Cardiff Devils just gets stronger and stronger and it is all down to me now form an orderly line and get your season tickets now you lucky people and if anyone says one bad word about me or Brent you will be banned forever ........ FACT !!!!!!
Love PR

voth26

so who's next mac,Tyson both these guys are big mates of blighter. brad lord??? gutted blighter's gone ok so he wasn't scoring the goals but his link up play and work ethic will be missed in my opinion. if pope and ragan are thinking euro hockey next year then not for me im afraid.

Well at least we've finally reached the point where even the more reasonable people in the fanbase have snapped.
Kipper said:
Some @cardiffdevils fans remind me of people who deny the Holocaust. Won't accept the evidence in front of their own eyes
After the shit you've just taken on THF Kipper, don't you feel that comment is just a little bit over the top?

Comparing people who don't see the Blight news the same way you do to holocaust deniers is a massive overreaction and actually it's quite sad that the actions of one man (Pope) have resulted in you making that comment to another set of fans. :(

Sliput

Haven't read most of this thread as I know who will be taking great delight in wallowing in the misery, those who will see it objectively and those who will be happy clappers BUT if the rumours are true and Chris was the devilinside on Twitter then if the club found out then I , as an employer would do the same. I have no idea if its true and if I am brutally honest I dont care. Ragan and Pope are gonna do what they are gonna do and if the same people are going to show outrage at what they are doing , they are going to be exhausted by April.

Show your disapproval by not going to games....that is the only way you will hurt him. Anyway I am done with all the drama if thus club...time to move on methinks.

Kipper

HatchetMan said:
Well at least we've finally reached the point where even the more reasonable people in the fanbase have snapped.
Kipper said:
Some @cardiffdevils fans remind me of people who deny the Holocaust. Won't accept the evidence in front of their own eyes
After the shit you've just taken on THF Kipper, don't you feel that comment is just a little bit over the top?

Comparing people who don't see the Blight news the same way you do to holocaust deniers is a massive overreaction and actually it's quite sad that the actions of one man (Pope) have resulted in you making that comment to another set of fans. :(
My point is not about Blight or dissing the Holocaust. Having visited Bergen-Belsen and been affected by it I am well aware of that.

There are people who despite all the evidence deny the Holocaust happened. There are Devils fans who despite all the evidence deny anything is wrong in the club. That us my point and not OTT in my view

Kipper

Sliput said:
Haven't read most of this thread as I know who will be taking great delight in wallowing in the misery, those who will see it objectively and those who will be happy clappers BUT if the rumours are true and Chris was the devilinside on Twitter then if the club found out then I , as an employer would do the same. I have no idea if its true and if I am brutally honest I dont care. Ragan and Pope are gonna do what they are gonna do and if the same people are going to show outrage at what they are doing , they are going to be exhausted by April.

Show your disapproval by not going to games....that is the only way you will hurt him. Anyway I am done with all the drama if thus club...time to move on methinks.
First I've heard about the devilsinside rumours. Where did that come from?

James

Administrator
If nothing else it proves Godwin's law. There isn't much dispute about the evil of the holocaust but there seems to be some reasons behind this decision, and it's clearly not hockey based. You yourself Kip have said he was a voice of dissent in the dressing room. I hadn't heard the rumour he was leaking stuff on twitter and if that's the case it is an absolute grounds for dismissal. Once more, shades of grey. Yep I'm gutted he's gone or had to go but comparing it to the cut and dried evil of the holocaust or holocaust denial, yep that's a massive overreaction.

drainage

James said:
If nothing else it proves Godwin's law. There isn't much dispute about the evil of the holocaust but there seems to be some reasons behind this decision, and it's clearly not hockey based. You yourself Kip have said he was a voice of dissent in the dressing room. I hadn't heard the rumour he was leaking stuff on twitter and if that's the case it is an absolute grounds for dismissal. Once more, shades of grey. Yep I'm gutted he's gone or had to go but comparing it to the cut and dried evil of the holocaust or holocaust denial, yep that's a massive overreaction.
Agree with you and from my perspective not agreeing with some of the comments being posted does not mean by default you don't think there are issues with some decisions being made or the handling of them

I do believe they could have handled things far better and don't like what's happening within the club but I don't agree that the negative comments are helpful

That doesn't make me delusional or thick in my opinion but each to their own

For me keeping Whistle for the few weeks left after Pope gets back may well poor oil on troubled waters ....may pay it's own way in the long run

Kipper

James said:
Where have I compared it to the evil of the holocaust? i think you know me better than that James. My issue is with people refusing to believe what is front of their eyes.

Wannabe2

welshtom92 said:
Why do u all assume he was pushed? Who says steelers didn't come in and offer him more money? I suppose any reason to blame management
Blight did not want to leave Cardiff, Fact.

James

Administrator
It's evocative imagery though isn't it Kip. You are right and I apologise you didn't directly compare it to that. However the point stands that comparing the denial of possibly the biggest atrocity of the last century with a professional sports player changing clubs where there is clearly more going on behind the scenes than people know is a tad over the top? Yes there are problems in Devils towers, yes some of the ways things have been handled leave us all shaking our heads in wonder but with Whistle coming in things are looking up. Mr Ragan will have another, more experienced hockey viewpoint to consider and I hope against hope we can turn a corner.

Thanks Blighter. Gutted to see you go!! I won't be going to any more games this year and think I may well have gone to my last...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

BostonBart22

thought it was april the 1st when i found out this news not feb 1st.... dont think any more players will be gassed, but imo a lot may walk before end of season . :shock:

Kipper

James said:
It's evocative imagery though isn't it Kip. You are right and I apologise you didn't directly compare it to that. However the point stands that comparing the denial of possibly the biggest atrocity of the last century with a professional sports player changing clubs where there is clearly more going on behind the scenes than people know is a tad over the top? Yes there are problems in Devils towers, yes some of the ways things have been handled leave us all shaking our heads in wonder but with Whistle coming in things are looking up. Mr Ragan will have another, more experienced hockey viewpoint to consider and I hope against hope we can turn a corner.
You're missing the point James. It's not about one professional player. It is the whole culture of the organisation that sone people are in denial about

Chris

Administrator
You're missing the point James. It's not about one professional player. It is the whole culture of the organisation that sone people are in denial about
But I still don't see how that justifies putting them in the same bracket as the people who deny the holocaust ;:|

Throwing that at people who don't agree with you isn't going to make them suddenly see the angle you and others are coming from. I happen to agree that the press releases from both Cardiff and Sheffield seem to make it clear that Blight didn't have much say in this, but if other people don't see it that way then there's not much I can do.

Back onto the topic though, I think the most alarming thing about this is how it may affect the other players we have, if Blight had no say in his move to Sheffield then it can't instill much confidence in the rest of the players, especially Plumton who was rested for the biggest game of the season so far :(

The CC game on Wednesday wasn't going to sell well after the scoreline in Belfast, but after this latest player movement and the way it's been done, the attendance on Wednesday might be/will hopefully be the wake up call that Ragan needs...