blight

Status
Not open for further replies.

voth26

well done chris on what sounds like a great debut, but if you could see your way clear to having a stinker on sunday that would be great, after that feel free to score till your hearts content:lol:

Ocko

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/chris-blight-says-i-loved-6688921

A good read. A classy article from someone who seems like one of the good guys, a really nice bloke who genuinely loved the club and city. The debate about Chris Blight the player has been done to death but it was a pleasure to have someone with the ethics, values and love for the place that Chris has play for the team I love, in what is becoming a very mercenary like culture in sport.

Personally I hope this isn't the last we've seen of him in Cardiff.

What an absolutely classy guy, Devils are definitely a weaker team without Blight in it in my view. There is a lot of hidden/not so hidden meaning in that article and I hope both PR and BP take heed of it.
Fingers crossed we will see Blight back in a Devils jersey in the not so distant future.

DevilDom

A very classy article.

Its a real shame Chris has for whatever reason been moved on. I always thought Devils were a better team when he was in the line up although he often fell under the radar due to the goals scored by his linemates. It would be nice to see him back in the future but can't see it under the current regime.

ASHIPP

No doubting Chris loved the city and playing for the Devils. And a very classy acknowledgement of sponsors, volunteers and fans.

However, whilst it's understandable given the circumstances, that he was never going to acknowledge BP in his gratitude list...what about all his team mates? Don't they deserve some thanks? A glaringly obvious ommission I would say.

Ocko

But that article was written for the fans, I doubt if any of the players read anything produced in the Echo anyway. If you were a teammate of Blight I'm pretty sure that you would already know his feelings and gratitude and there would be no need to make that public, the fans however wouldnt have. (Unless they are one of the many who stalk the players on FB and twitter and think they're buddies!)

DevilDom

devils2001uk said:
it looks like something went on in that dressroom more than what being let out ASHIPP
That's a pretty wild assumption to make based on the article. Like Ocko said I think Chris wanted to make it clear that it was not of his making his move away and to thank the fans.

mazza03

DevilDom said:
devils2001uk said:
it looks like something went on in that dressroom more than what being let out ASHIPP
That's a pretty wild assumption to make based on the article. Like Ocko said I think Chris wanted to make it clear that it was not of his making his move away and to thank the fans.
There's always one DD, This was about the fans and sponsors not the team.

mazza03 said:
DevilDom said:
devils2001uk said:
There's always one DD, This was about the fans and sponsors not the team.
wasn't just based on this it was also based on what I heard at the rink by devils staff

Kipper

Things were so bad that Blighter made the effort to travel back from Sheffield to join his former team mates at Max Birbraer's stag night

Ocko

devils2001uk said:
wasn't just based on this it was also based on what I heard at the rink by devils staff
Seeing as the only Devils staff outside of the playing staff (who, no offence, I doubt would tell you anything) are pretty much Ragan, Elson, Pope & Agland and you've narrowed it down to one of them, that is an incredibly wild accusation of unprofessionalism that one of them had told you of things in the dressing room. Either way, I'm sure whichever one of them told you or Chris himself wouldn't want you posting such things on a forum whether what happened is right or wrong.

Ocko said:
devils2001uk said:
Seeing as the only Devils staff outside of the playing staff (who, no offence, I doubt would tell you anything) are pretty much Ragan, Elson, Pope & Agland and you've narrowed it down to one of them, that is an incredibly wild accusation of unprofessionalism that one of them had told you of things in the dressing room. Either way, I'm sure whichever one of them told you or Chris himself wouldn't want you posting such things on a forum whether what happened is right or wrong.

And people protesting at the poor treatment of players get their information from??

miriam said:
Ocko said:
devils2001uk said:

And people protesting at the poor treatment of players get their information from??
I don't know, ask the people who were protesting

Ocko

Whilst I am very much of the opinion that our players haven't been treated in a professional manner, that is completely an opinion based on what is obvious, such as timings of sackings etc.

But what I would hazard a caution with is thinking the players are feeding the fans with information which I think is far from the case. The amount of fans who claim to be in the know and friends with players is hilarious most of them are the usual people on Facebook and twitter kissing their ass calling them bud, mate etc like they've been friends for years is beyond. The people who genuinely have been told by players about treatment etc would have enough respect for their confidentiality to know not to put it on a forum or social media. At least that's if they are a true buddy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.