Booth and Devils part ways.

Devil94

I wonder if he was a contender to come here at the start of the season but we went with Booth instead. He has had no club this year so far so must have been talking to clubs all over.

Finny

A couple of the posts early in this thread are starting to look a bit stupid now…….

Trying not to get too excited after the disappointment of Booth, but his stats at NCAA are very impressive and he had some of the best stats in the ECHL last year out of the netminders who played half the games or more.

AHL stats aren’t great but if they were then he wouldn’t be heading here at such a young age. Fingers crossed Lordo is sending us a good one.

Finny

Whistle is out with a lower-body injury. Giants will be looking for a backup. Unless they go with Dicko. Wonder if Booth might take a trip over the Irish Sea?
I guess it’s possible, but two import netminders would mean Giants would have to sit another import Dman or forward, leaving them with 3 lines and a spare forward?

Finny

Interesting that he was an alternate captain in his final season in the NCAA. That’s pretty unusual for a netminder?

Rempel16

Me moaning??? Well that's rich coming from you.

I'm simply saying if bowns starts every game like he always do. Then we might as well have you as a back up.

He's sooo over rated imo

If he was an import he wouldn't be in the devils team.

That's a fact
No, that’s not a fact. That’s just your opinion.

It’s subjective.

But to flip it- his numbers in this league have more than matched up to most import netminders so I’m intrigued as to the reasons for your opinion.

Thread starter #90
I think it’s more the fact Bowns was signed on a long term contract while Mac was still playing very well and pulling in some good stats.
The owns clearly feels Bowns is the Devils, why would someone of Carruths quality share a role when he’s obviously enjoying Denmark as much as he is.

IMO we should move on from both Mac and Bowns - maybe we tried that with Booth.
If we did try that with BOOTH then unfortunately it didn't work. We do however need to source a NM that is here for the long run that we can turn to with trust when needed but also know they are here to progress their game to the highest level possible. So basically they are good enough to jump in net when required but have the aspiration and desire to improve to move into higher leagues. If they want to be noticed they will put in the graft and it will benifit both club and player.

Thread starter #92
I think the vast majority of people on this forum are very thankful for what Bowns has done for our organisation, and saying he isn’t good enough to lead us to a league title is purely because he isn’t as good as he was 5/5 years ago when he backstopped us to back to back league titles. He is still a very capable netminder, but as with all sports age catches up with you and it is important to remember Ben physically cannot play a full 70 game season (including cups, playoffs etc) like he once has. Give us a very good goalie who can push for starts and we will be right in the mix.

As ever, I have faith that Todd and the Coaching staff have made the rignt decision and we have a gem on the plane

In all fairness if you look at his Stats back when he did that they are very similar to what they read today and over recent years, however, I do agree with the father time side of things and he won't be able to play as many games as he did back then as consistent as it was back then. But, hopefully, if used wisely and with another NM who can take some or half of the load then his stats will again remain the same. If it isn't shared then I do think his stats will drop and his age will show through the fatigue of playing to many games.

The only other problem I see is it is widely "speculated" that Bowns likes to be considered the starting NM in every game and if true he needs to be told that this will no longer be the case if the club wants to play the two NM sharing system but this needs to be done without affecting him mentally which could effect his game. And that is why it is easy to coach from an arm chair but a lot harder when you have to make decisions, or speak, in a certain way to a player that could have an affect on the way they mentally process things which could have a knock on effect on their overall game.

Last edited:
Thread starter #97
Hopefully this will be the Brick that we needed to complete the build. Could be a Gem of a signing and if anyone knows the league and what would be a good addition to the Devils I think in Lord we trust.

On a side note..... Hasn't there been another WALL as a Nettie in this league before?!? Seem to recall something and the mask was simular.

Also......who was the last to wear No1 for the Cardiff Devils. Was it JPG or someone way back when?