Brad Voth Signs again!!!

Thread starter #1
Brad sign's on for next season..

Word has it from the Devils appreciation night that Voth has already signed his contract for next season..... :D

Apparently it came from Matt Burge's mouth when making a speech, and the place went wild.

Sliput

Re: Brad sign's on for next season..

This is one that really splits me in two...

1. WOOOHOOOOOOOO :D Sooo glad (if its true of course) Brad is immense.

BUT

2. Because of who he is and his reputation,will he continually get drawn on dumb penalties and bans.....leaving us short-handed.

Tricky one.

Great news! I've lost count of the number of times on other teams forums this year fans have said 'I wish he'd sign for us', and 'I hope we sign him next year!'

And maybe his reputation goes before him with refs sometimes, but you can't argue he isn't one of the most valuable players to his team. Even if he isn't playing well the other teams are always aware of him! And if he had left, it would have been hard to find someone to replace him.

ASHIPP

Brad IS the embodiment of the Cardiff Devils for many, many people. This is great news for Matt's 3 year development programme for the Club. :D Let's hope that we see much more of the Vother's real skill as a player and a Captain for the rest of this season and next, rather than succession of bans and questionable PIMs he's experienced recently. It's obvious it's effected his motivation and performance at times this year. :cry:

TheStub

Great news - he is one of the best forwards in the league.

I would love to see the organisation really support him next season, and refer bad decisions back to the league. Even if it isn't to dispute a ban, I think we should question bad misconduct, game and match penalties. The Devils need to make the refs look at the incidents and not the player.

But, it wouldn't be a Devils team without Voth. Mind you, we all thought that about Vez too. :lol:

Any news on Adams? Can't remember how long he had signed on for. It would be nice to see him at the helm for another season.

Hold on, so if you buy a season ticket and miss games then you get your money back for that game? If so, what a great idea!! This has been the main reason why I've never bought one (i.e. miss a few games and the saving isn't worth it). I might consider purchasing one next season now...

From Matt Burge If a season ticket holder can not make a game we will refund the money for that game. How fantastic is that ? i have never heard of any team in any sport making such a gesture,

El Supremo said:
Hold on, so if you buy a season ticket and miss games then you get your money back for that game? If so, what a great idea!! This has been the main reason why I've never bought one (i.e. miss a few games and the saving isn't worth it). I might consider purchasing one next season now...
What is there to consider apart from parting with money early, it's a no brainer :eek: It will be very interesting to see what other clubs do next season for their season ticket holders.

As regards Brad being back next season then as far as I'm concerned that's great news and god it's come out on here before Dave Simms has got hold of it :lol:
Apart from Brad it was also interesting to hear that they are already busy on building the team for next season and that's not to say that they have given up on winning any silverware for this one, but just that they intend to come out of the running blocks early with no other distractions, as was the case this season.

E.D.S.

The best news I've had for a long time! Thank you Mr Burge and thank you Brad!

On the hockey front - say what you like about him but for me his work rate, effort and passion for the Devils is unrivalled! Nobody can do what he does in this league, absolutely no one!

On the business front - he's a bum's on seat player - people want to watch Voth.

Vother is the perfect franchise player and I'm so pleased this has been announced now. I hate all the 'who is signing who' rubbish that goes on the off-season - my nerves can't take it!!

Vother in my eyes is a Devils legend and I am chuffed to bits he's here for another year.

Great News!!

MADE MY EVENING!
Was gutted when people said he was going and now sooo happy hes not :D :D :D .
Regardless of being a franchise player etc. hes a superb player and great for the team, hes the best at what he does in this league IMO, nobody could replace him. Hopefully next season we wont see a repeat of the beginning of this one and so he can get back to his old self like at the belfast game.
Glad to see him another season and hope we see him many more.

Koop11

It was certainly a pleasant surprise to hear Matt say we’ve signed Voth for another season. His words were very cleaver as he was building up a picture that Voth was moving on but finished with ‘stuff it we’ve signed him anyway’.

Our franchise player is back again. Great news. Both instrumental on the ice as well as off it and from a bigger picture, this sends out a message to others that we’re building for the future.

Gazza272

While it is undoubtedly fantastic news that our Franchise man is back again for next season, i would have liked to have heard confirmation on G's position before the captains.

But thats just me.

to leave on a positive note once more Thank you for your commitment Brad and let's end this year on a high to build into next season :D

Finny

Gazza272 said:
While it is undoubtedly fantastic news that our Franchise man is back again for next season, i would have liked to have heard confirmation on G's position before the captains.
On the official website there are several quotes from Adams, basically saying he was his #1 target to re-sign for next season.
Whilst it doesn't say for definate that he has signed for another year as coach, it could be argued that coaches don't publically sign 1 year at a time like players do.