Brad Voth

Thread starter #1
Heard in Cov last night that he is in a bad way following his injury in Belfast. Something to do with a nerve in his lower back which is seriously affecting his mobility and making him very nauseous. Now what I've heard may not be 100% accurate but if it is true fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for Brad!

Max

i can vouch with first hand experience what nerve trouble in the lower back area can be like, so if true I sympathise with the big man. It's hell. i did mine in playing golf, and had it for around 5 months.
aS someone said on another topic (kettdevil?) its something that can heal in a week or last for several months.
Probably the guys last season and he really could be out for the rest of the season if these reports are true.

:cry:

ASHIPP

Don't like the sound of this at all, if it's true. :shock: I can also vouch that nerve damage in the back is debilitating - even temporarily. Did the same to mine (at work) after falling at work 9 years ago. Took me 4 months to recover comfortable mobility.

Thinking of Brad today and hoping all is going to be well for the Big Man. :?

Lloyd

I heard the exact same story and what happened is ( I hear)

Voth went in to check Lloyd and Lloyd chickened out so Brad went flying into the boards Voth was taken off the ice to receive treatment but he didn't return to the ice in the rest of the game and at the airport in Belfast he had to be wheeled in a wheel chair to the plain while constantly being sick in and after the flight and as soon as he got to Coventry airport Phil Hills Mrs. came and picked him up and took him back to Cardiff and I hear he is currently being treated at the Vale

This sounds bad :|

Martynwo

No, Matty had exactly the same injury as me, had the same operation and by the same surgeon. Collapsed discs between C3, C4 and C5 (neck area) resulting in 2 replacement discs, 1 plate and 6 screws.

I had mine 1st so could lay any fears he had before he had his op.

Was at the Belfast Game, didnt see the check myself, but Brad didnt look right going off the ice:S!

Hoping CRAZILY for a lightning recovery for Brad :( :( :(

PCS

Hope he gets better soon.

the devils have set a precedent with mark smith keeping him on whilst injured and if voth is injured for the rest of the season I can't see the devils organisation terminating his contract, so i think we would be an import down.

steve

It's not a precedent as such - if a player is hurt whilst playing we can't terminate their contracts even if the club wanted to. This could be a huge loss with finances as they are.

As much of a obvious blow this is for devils I want to wish Brad a full and speedy recovery. Life after hockey can be tough enough but with a back injury it will seriously restrict his job opportunities. All the best Brad youve done us (Cardiff) proud focus on getting well bud!

This sounds awful. Nobody wants to see a guy injured especially the back where post career issues can come into play. Wishing the big guy a speedy recovery and keeping the fingers crossed.

It's completely irrelevant, but the collision happened right in front of me and Lloyd didn't chicken out, he actually hit Voth a real smack but Voth looked to twist on impact. He looked in a bad way the second it happened.

A real shame. Oh and for all those Giants "fans" gloating on this one and saying things like, "Lloyd broke him," and, "Voth had it coming," hang your heads in shame.

voth26

really hope that brad recovers not only from a playing point of view but also for his family. all the best brad look forward to having you back soon

jimmy snels

on a more important note we'll see how brad feels about being checked by lloyd and injured next time we meet hopefully :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: