Brent Walton

Great signing - exactly what this team needed to add to the great signings made so far. Very impressed with how this team is shaping up.

Be interesting to see how Finny's formula for this guy transposes to points in the Elite league for us, but I would hope that Walton is going to be in the 40 Goals category for us...

Finny

Yes! Yes! Yes!

It's been mentioned several times in recent days that we have been lacking a sniper, and this guy definitely fulfils that request.

His stats in those last two years of college are great. In fact, he played in the same team as Jeff Pierce but scored at a ridiculously higher rate of goals.

The only surprise perhaps is that he never scored a point during his brief AHL spell, possible because of his size?
ECHL stats are great, Ger2 stats phenomenal and then last year he leads his team in scoring as they take the Danish Championship.

Outstanding signing!!

Finny

Dwoods said:
Be interesting to see how Finny's formula for this guy transposes to points in the Elite league for us, but I would hope that Walton is going to be in the 40 Goals category for us...
NCAA and ECHL both calculate 36 goals.
Ger2 is hopefully a better indicator as it is more recent and over more seasons, and that predicts 41 goals.

Ocko

Wow that is one hell of a signing. He should really light this league up. This has to be one of the most exciting pre seasons for years.

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
Wow that is one hell of a signing. He should really light this league up. This has to be one of the most exciting pre seasons for years.
It's the season of joyous times ahead, that's a dead cert, got to love this Organisation big time, bring it on.
Happy Hockey Days.

wildthing74

Ocko said:
This has to be one of the most exciting pre seasons for years.
Well the last 4 weeks have the rest of it was a nightmare :lol:
Amazing what difference a few weeks make. Cannot wait until end of August now.

wildthing74 said:
Shows how the mood has changed here. We sign what looks a diamond and hardly reaching a dozen posts!
We are getting used to it now Jon, we are easily pleased, well apart from last season with the bargain Euro shopping. This is the best I have felt about the club since a few 3 year plans ago. New season can't come soon enough

rocketbob

Gotta say I am pretty underwhelmed by this signing. He has hardly any penalty minutes and will be too busy scoring to be having fights or sitting in the penalty box.
In case you haven't guessed. I am joking. Over the moon with this signing. Can't wait to see him down the tent or up North for the away games.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

wildthing74

jodysstillagirlsname said:
wildthing74 said:
Shows how the mood has changed here. We sign what looks a diamond and hardly reaching a dozen posts!
We are getting used to it now Jon, we are easily pleased, well apart from last season with the bargain Euro shopping. This is the best I have felt about the club since a few 3 year plans ago. New season can't come soon enough
Agreed Marko. I can honestly say I don't recall being as excited about the start of a season as I am this.