Brlfast giants and jagr

Johnnybravo1927

Thread starter #1
Is there any likelyhood of this? Keefe is certainly trying hard but woukd Jagr really come here? I have my doubts but if so what a coup

ASHIPP

Definitely respect Keefe for promoting the Giants and having fun but this is mainly a reaction to Jagr's well publicised tweets in last week's free agency that he wasn't getting any calls from NHL clubs to offer him a contract.

But he will probably get a short-term well paid gig in the NHL. One of the all-time legends of the game would be a fantastic boost to teams with v young forward groups like Calgary and Winnipeg.

Unless Giants can afford to pay him the millions he would want to leave NA and play in a much, much lower league. If he played in Europe, KHL or home to Czech Republic could be destinations.

Wonder, with our Ownership Calgary connections, the Devils could entice Jarome Iginla?!!!!! Lordo is looking for a big, point scorer to partner Martin and Bentivoglio. Iggy is a free agent this Summer !!!!!

Temme

makes good reading and is all fun but realistically never going to happen.

I am hoping to see a couple of big names over, once free agency scramble finishes and the inevitable drop out into the AHL, we may see a couple of AHL level players on our shores (Bordeleau, McGrattan, Rosehill et al.)

Great to see Rosehill stick around for another year, hopefully he plays as a forward this year because from what i saw Braehead played him on D.

Gui Lepine is one that i wouldn't be suprised back in this league, he was -21 last year in his worst AHL season yet, but granted the team sucked pretty badly in general.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=23098

matbur

It's uncertain whether Jagr will play in the NHL again, it would be unbelievable if he played here but I can't see it happening for one second.

As someone already said, he probably return home if he wants to carry on playing.