Calling all Cwmbran & Newport fans

Thread starter #1
My parents own the Queen Inn, Upper Cwmbran

I have arranged with them to show the final on the big projector screen in the lounge which will hold about 35-40 fans sitting / standing.

Ill be there in my devils shirt for a pint

If you need directions etc PM me, email me at chrisjonesdevil22@hotmail.com or you can call 07867910526.

If you need a postcode for a satnav or google map directions let me know

See you there

Chris

Hey that's good! It's only up the road and will save me a trip to Cardiff.

Do we get 25% discount if we wear a Devil's jersey :lol: ;)

mazza03

Pandora said:

Thought you might go there and don't blame you, so would I if I lived nearer.

Thread starter #4
Pandora said:

You could walk from your house. Sorry no discounts. Maybe if we get as big as walkabout one day

Thinking about doing a guess the final score and first devils goal time at £1 each but not sure yet

My self and my partner should be making our way over from Undy, may be bringing 2 Giants fans that are down for the week end also assuming that's ok?

Thread starter #7
W3LSH said:
Think me and the girlfriend will pop over, will food be available or are you all booked up?
Best to give the pub a call to check on food times today. 01633 484252

Thread starter #8
toy_car_uk said:
My self and my partner should be making our way over from Undy, may be bringing 2 Giants fans that are down for the week end also assuming that's ok?
Thats fine.

Its an old pub so we can fit about 35 people as mentioned above in to the lounge with the screen down. Assuming tables are free after meal sittings today

Thread starter #13
first of all can i say a big thank you to everyone that came. You made it special.

A great turnout much more than expected

i will be looking at doing a few dvd nights in the summer so please stay in contact with me if yiu have any dvds of the season just gone.

I will be showing the famous CC final. date to be confirmed

chris

Thread starter #15
tim78 said:
Nice Shout Burgy, good to watch the game on a big screen and locally.

Was great to have so many turn up. If you didnt spot who i was i was wearing the Michel shirt with my head on the table during the penalty shots.

Should be doing a summer event or two with dvd nights and plenty of beers. Hope all had a good day at the pub and please keep in contact

Just wanted to say thanks to Burgy for the invite.

Great to watch the game on a big screen.
And what a lovely pub and great atmosphere.

Look forward to more.
Come On You Devils. !!!

Yes, thanks to Chris and his parents for arranging this and for the free nibbles.

Great atmosphere with plenty of noise from the good turn-out of Devils' fans and, strangely, 2 Giants' fans too! Lots of interest from the other pub-goers who reckoned we made as much noise as the rugby supporters.

Devastating result though. It looked so promising throughout that it looked possible Glynne (Wannabe) would actually spend a whole weekend in Nottingham for the first time in years :eek:

Pandora (in Middle Cwmbran)

Pandora said:
It looked so promising throughout that it looked possible Glynne (Wannabe) would actually spend a whole weekend in Nottingham for the first time in years :eek:

Pandora (in Middle Cwmbran)
He did though, far too much to drink throughout Sunday for him to drive back that evening :D

phil PLT (in Lower Cwmbran)