Calling all Recreational team players.

Thread starter #1
Just a reference for moderators this is not an advent and I will not post a link to our website.

Hello guys and girls, I would like to know what rec teams play down the BBT and when and what time they train.

The reasons behind this is that we would like to speak to the coaches about there end of season presentations and if they are interested in having trophies for the players i.e. man of the match player of the year etc.

We did do this for the Cardiff Devils for 2 years.

I am just interested in teams and training times (This will also be a great help personally for me as I am looking to join a rec team :p).

Thanks in advance

Chris

Administrator
Unfortunately I don't have links available, but you may be better off posting on each rec teams own forums, I don't think there are too many rec players who are registered on here so not sure how many people will see this.

Off the top of my head there are.. Cardiff Demons, Cardiff Titans, Cardiff Redhawks and Cardiff Bay Lightning but i'm sure there are a couple more at least...

Chris.

Thread starter #3
Thanks Chris, mainly for not deleting the post :) and mostly for the names of teams. To be honest I did not think of trying there websites individually so will be going do that defiantly.

dave

Cardiff Ice Hounds and Cardiff Bay Lightening Train Monday Night....
Cardiff Uni (Redhawks) Tuesday Night
Cardiff Demons (Via LTP) Cardiff Comets Cardiff Titans all Wednesday night from 8.15
Eagles Thursday Night
Cardiff titans again on Friday Night.....
Cardiff Huskies Sledge train on a Sunday Night..

Contacts..
Adam or Jason Bailey for the Ligtening both work at the rink.
Eagles.. Eagles8 on here.
I can get meassages to Comets and Titans but Mooney#16 and Macab5 both play for the titans and are on here.
Couple of demons plays on here but unsure on usernames..
Redhawks have a couple of players here but not 100% sure on their usernames.
Huskies I can get a message to as well...

Mooney#16

Drop me a PM if you want buddy. More than happy to deal with enquiries.

Titans now back on the ice twice weekly. Wednesday approx 10.30 and Fridays 10.15 after the public skate.

Apologies if I'm jumping in on this thread a little but saw the list of rec teams mentioned and thought this was might be a good start to get some info.

Hopefully soon when I've got work sorted out me and the missus will be moving to the Cardiff area and so I'm looking to get back into hockey when we get there. I've not played for a few years now ( living in east Devon is one reason for starters :lol: ) so looking to get involved with a rec team.

I was fortunate enough to live in Canada for 2 1/2 years so played a lot of rec hockey whilst there mainly in goal. Now a few years down the line and 42 I'd be happy playing some pick up/practice level stuff when I've got some new gear sorted out. Got a long way to go to get back hockey fit but I'm more than keen to do so and it's been great getting back on skates .Actually I'm not sure whether I'd be able to recover from the butterfly without needing a time out and a beer :shock:

Also, when I can I'm looking at starting to do the coaching qualifications through the EIHA as that's something I'd love to get involved in. Anyway, has anyone got any recommendations on which rec teams in the Cardiff area would best suit me?

Cheers

Chris

Chris,
You don't seem to have had a reply, so I thought I'd jump in (quite late I know) if you haven't sorted yourself out. I'd suggest that you pop along to training sessions for all of the teams, to see who's session suits you best and who has scope to take you in. To be fair, the Titans are by far, the most competitive team in Cardiff, with the lion's share of training time. If you're looking to be at the top of the Rec game, they're the club to chase. Both the Ice Hounds and the Eagles play in an orgnaised Conference, with the Eagles playing more friendly/challenge matches. The Demons and the Lightning (someone correct me if I'm wrong) mainly play friendly/challenge matches.