Captain

Thread starter #1
Who should get the “C” this season? With so many new guys coming in it will be interesting. My choice would be Richie he knows the ref’s in this league so will know when he can say something and when to keep quite as some of them you can’t speak too.

Temme

devilman1992 said:
Who should get the “C” this season? With so many new guys coming in it will be interesting. My choice would be Richie he knows the ref’s in this league so will know when he can say something and when to keep quite as some of them you can’t speak too.
For me i'd like to see Marsh with the C
and Haddad/Richie with the A's.

Have Hope#35

devilman1992 said:
I reckon Marsh could do a fab job as Captain... He lead the team last season for me!

My choice would have been lord if he had returned as a player. I think that Kellman is a fan of letting the players choose there own captains. I think it will be Marsh though

Mooney#16

I'd try to get Matt Myers to take it. His return to Cardiff was horrible for him last year and he probably still doesn't quite feel like a Devil yet. I'd give him the responsibility to get him really engaged and caring and hopefully instead of the captaincy sometimes stunting a player it would light the fire for him to elevate his game.

ASHIPP

Temme said:
devilman1992 said:
For me i'd like to see Marsh with the C
and Haddad/Richie with the A's.
Joey has proven leadership skills over a long period. He would be the obvious choice. But he is a new player to the team.

Tyson lead by example last year in his play and his manner. V popular guy on the team and with the fans.

Richie probably knows this organisation and core group of players better than anyone. He has been both C and A before...and A for Team GB.

At the Giants, the players chose their captain by vote. Expect Todd will suggest the same here.

wildthing74

Mooney#16 said:
I'd try to get Matt Myers to take it. His return to Cardiff was horrible for him last year and he probably still doesn't quite feel like a Devil yet. I'd give him the responsibility to get him really engaged and caring and hopefully instead of the captaincy sometimes stunting a player it would light the fire for him to elevate his game.
I agree. I was hoping he would get the C last year and lead the team and was surprised he didn't get any letters.I am sure he is hungry for a big year after a disappointing season all round.

I'd like Richie wearing an A too as be nice if our Brit core led the team with a lot of new guys coming in.That being said Marsh is a model pro and I'm sure he would be a favourite among the players.

Skippy

wildthing74 said:
Mooney#16 said:
I agree. I was hoping he would get the C last year and lead the team and was surprised he didn't get any letters.I am sure he is hungry for a big year after a disappointing season all round.

I'd like Richie wearing an A too as be nice if our Brit core led the team with a lot of new guys coming in.That being said Marsh is a model pro and I'm sure he would be a favourite among the players.
Not sure id agree after the gap between expectations and performance last season from his game.

Surley someone who gave it all last season and enjoyed playing here would be a better shout.

My first instinct would be Tyson. I am warming to the idea of Matt. The player vote appeals to me too but with a lot of fresh players i am not sure if that would work.

ASHIPP

Colours said:
My first instinct would be Tyson. I am warming to the idea of Matt. The player vote appeals to me too but with a lot of fresh players i am not sure if that would work.
At Giants the playrers trained and played together for a couplr of weeks before they voted for captain.

Have Hope#35

ASHIPP said:
Colours said:
At Giants the playrers trained and played together for a couplr of weeks before they voted for captain.
Perhaps they will with the Devils from now on?

Mooney#16

I'd still go Myers as I just think it would push him to go to that next level. The player who's put themselves in contention for me is Hendrikx also. Very talismanic presence.

In conclusion. C - Myers, A - Marsh and Hendrikx.