Car Park Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Pitched up and told Car Park attendant I was not making a donation and he said 'its not a donation its Pay to Park', I explained I had contacted the Council re this and that the club had said it was a donation and he said 'Ye I know its a donation carry on' Now some people I talked to actually fell for this. Sorry to bring this up again but it borders on embezzlement. Unsuspecting people handing over money. So come on Club/ DCF some clarity is needed here

Sheincar

I queried with the guy about donation & he said it was a charge. I told him that a charge was illegal & he said if I didn't want to pay to drive through. So that's what happened!!

Earnie

Not more on car park surely!
Donation or pay to park - who cares ?
It is dirt cheap - pay your money and stop holding everybody up.

ASHIPP

What a bunch of moaning minnies! If folk dont want to make a DCF donation or parking charge then park elsewhere in the area and walk like others do. Should be grateful its only a couple of quid......back in the WNIR days it was far more difficult and expensive to park in city cente.

for the love of ....... jody, think you may be confusing embezzlement with embarrisment at the amount of times you keep banging on about it, dont care about it , more concerned with my diesel at £300 a month and stuff like i can't belive it's not butter going from about 90 p to £ 1.80 in the last year odd now that wot i call embezzlement !

Thread starter #7
Sorry you are missing the point the Devils/ DCF have no legal right to charge car parking on land owned by CCC. They can request a donation not demand payment. As for holding up the queue, there wouldn t be one if the bandits were not stopping cars to bleed even more cash from the fans. Complaining through the proper channels will get the rear car park closed completely as a Council official has told me no one has a right to be on that land let alone profiteer from it.

Who the hell does Ragan think he is, that he has a right to raise cash from land owned by the taxpayers of Cardiff ?

Fubar

what about people knowingly parking in designated disabled parking areas then? Can we moan on here about that then??

I do apologise that the volunteers do not carry tubs of yellow paint and a huge disabled stencil to mark out disabled bays. EVERYONE knows that the area to the immediate left through to the rear car park is designated for disabled drivers only, and it has been for years. There are always morons who feel that they have to give the volunteer stewerds grief about their right to park where they please.

Thread starter #10
redtilldead said:
for the love of ....... jody, think you may be confusing embezzlement with embarrisment at the amount of times you keep banging on about it, dont care about it , more concerned with my diesel at £300 a month and stuff like i can't belive it's not butter going from about 90 p to £ 1.80 in the last year odd now that wot i call embezzlement !

E M B A R R A S M E N T at your spelling

go on moan about the spelling, and by the way are we not ratepayers and if you moan enuff about the car park and it gets shut down we will all have to park some ware else, so when i have to walk half a mile in the wind, rain and ice i will be thinking of you not P R.

Thread starter #13
redtilldead said:
go on moan about the spelling, and by the way are we not ratepayers and if you moan enuff about the car park and it gets shut down we will all have to park some ware else, so when i have to walk half a mile in the wind, rain and ice i will be thinking of you not P R.
Yes you may be ratepayers Did PR give you your share on the way out ? And FYI if it wasn't for Kipper, myself and the rest of SORAC you wouldn t have ever had a rink let alone a car park. We didn t do all that to have Ragan make money out of it.

I won't mention the car parking again I will just let the suckers carry on handing over their hard earned. It will be shut soon enough in any case for the new construction perhaps PR will spend some of the cash on a park and ride scheme so you won t get wet

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Lid said:
Cheaper than it was to park in Sheffield on Saturday.
The Arena OWN the car park in Sheffield
Yes but it's still cheaper to park for our game and the club will actually get the money. So the Sheffield fans that go to a game in Sheffield pay more than we do and their club doesn't get any of the money. So apart from the queues to get in we have a better deal, unless you would prefer the money go to the council or planet ice for some reason.

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Yes you may be ratepayers Did PR give you your share on the way out ? And FYI if it wasn't for Kipper, myself and the rest of SORAC you wouldn t have ever had a rink let alone a car park. We didn t do all that to have Ragan make money out of it.

I won't mention the car parking again I will just let the suckers carry on handing over their hard earned. It will be shut soon enough in any case for the new construction perhaps PR will spend some of the cash on a park and ride scheme so you won t get wet
Do you really think Ragan is making money? I don't know the financial details but I wouldn't have thought he was.

Not really sure why you bothered fighting to get the new rink built. I guess if we didn't have the rink you wouldn't know what to do with all of the time you would have, as you wouldn't be on here complaining constantly.

I've not used the car park this season - have parked in Morrisons every game - mainly because of the ridiculous queues.

I find it absolutely disgusted and extremely disappointing to hear that the club we support are choosing to gain money by deception from its own supporters?! It's against the law. Regardless of the amount, how can anybody support this kind of behavior?

And as for not moaning on the forum and emailing the Devils office instead - What good is that going to do? They're fully aware of what they're doing and aren't going to change because of a few emails. You're lucky if you get a response about your season ticket queries or similar so i imagine any car parking complaints would go straight into the trash. Its far better to bring it into (and keep it in) the public domain so people are aware of how the club is deceiving people & then hopefully they'll be forced to stop.

Im amazed by the amount of people who seem happy to throw their cash away to a parking scam.

Ivydrive said:
Im amazed by the amount of people who seem happy to throw their cash away to a parking scam.
I'm amazed how many people seem think that everything should be free and that Ragan should fund it all from his own pocket.

And to think that we see ourselves as the best fans in the league who would do anything to keep hockey in Cardiff and the Devils playing.

rocketbob

Re: Re: Car Park Again

Lid said:
Ivydrive said:
I'm amazed how many people seem think that everything should be free and that Ragan should fund it all from his own pocket.

And to think that we see ourselves as the best fans in the league who would do anything to keep hockey in Cardiff and the Devils playing.
I agree. People want a top elite league team and also want to keep all the other Devils teams, but don't want to pay for them. The money has to come from somewhere.

Re: Re: Car Park Again

rocketbob said:
Lid said:
Ivydrive said:

I agree. People want a top elite league team and also want to keep all the other Devils teams, but don't want to pay for them. The money has to come from somewhere.
All completely irrelevant.

IF PR needs more money, he should've put ticket prices up £4 instead of £2 this season and made parking free.

Simple, clear cut, legal.

Besides that, the money collected from parking doesn't have anything to do with the elite league team & arguably little to do with the junior teams either.

Hows this for a suggestion. Allow your paying customers to park for free. This way you won't get the traffic chaos we currently have and wont have to delay face off while they try to get people in. Instead, put a couple bucket collectors on the door so people can donate individually to DCF if they wish to.

Status
Not open for further replies.