Car Parking and 50/50

nicky27

Thread starter #1
So officially been announced that parking in Wilcox House and Toys R is a fiver a car and also 50/50 tickets gone up to £2 each. Less tickets bought from us and I am sure many more. Why change what works

Mooney#16

If you genuinely want to compete with Belfast you need to have the finances to do so. There are no more seats to sell so you have to squeeze every penny from all other revenue streams. If you feel you’re getting squeezed I doubt anyone will change your mind but I don’t think it’s blind greed and profiteering but the requirements of staying competitive. The moment the Odyssey trust bought the Giants it changed the financial landscape of the league and every other team has no other option to attempt to keep up by whatever means necessary. I wouldn’t be too offended by it. Contribute what you can. Your not obliged to buy though.

lloyd_jeff

If you genuinely want to compete with Belfast you need to have the finances to do so. There are no more seats to sell so you have to squeeze every penny from all other revenue streams. If you feel you’re getting squeezed I doubt anyone will change your mind but I don’t think it’s blind greed and profiteering but the requirements of staying competitive. The moment the Odyssey trust bought the Giants it changed the financial landscape of the league and every other team has no other option to attempt to keep up by whatever means necessary. I wouldn’t be too offended by it. Contribute what you can. Your not obliged to buy though.
Cant argue that if it’s going back into the club, but there’s a cap and we’ve yet to see increases in player quality. What do l know, beyond reading their publicly available accounts, I’m just, what was Steve labelling me……..

Hedd Wyn John

Not sure why but it feels like this season more about revenue. I get it a business but it just feels more greed than anything
The limitations of a 3,000 seat rink mean the club can't rely on growing ticket sales to increase. So it means increasing revenue elsewhere and that means prices on existing revenue streams going up.

Finny

So officially been announced that parking in Wilcox House and Toys R is a fiver a car and also 50/50 tickets gone up to £2 each. Less tickets bought from us and I am sure many more. Why change what works
The car parking is now run by the council so it’s their decision to increase the price.

50/50 has gone up, but surely that just means the prize will just go up too?

Finny

Cant argue that if it’s going back into the club, but there’s a cap and we’ve yet to see increases in player quality. What do l know, beyond reading their publicly available accounts, I’m just, what was Steve labelling me……..
Maybe you missed it, but we’ve had record inflation for the past year and a bit.
Running an arena and hockey team won’t be exempt from that.

Mooney#16

Devils wouldn’t be alone as a business restoring its liquidity post pandemic.

Slartibartfast

In the WNIR the parking tickets cost almost as much as the game from what I remember. Anyhow its a council decision so there is no point bleating about it to the club.

Maybe you missed it, but we’ve had record inflation for the past year and a bit.
Running an arena and hockey team won’t be exempt from that.
No one is exempt from inflation, us fans are also feeling the pinch but let’s not pretend the inflation of the past 18 months has been record breaking.
Inflation we experienced in the UK in the 70’s peaked at over 20%.

lloyd_jeff

Devils wouldn’t be alone as a business restoring its liquidity post pandemic.
That is dependent on each business and their respective financial viability & expenditure pre pandemic. It is the go to excuse though, for all businesses, one l work with particularly closely laid of 15 staff in the pandemic, because of the “financial impact to the business”. 3 months after lockdown they spent 7 million cash on upgrading assets. The 15 staff were the dead wood, the staff with long term “habits” not conducive to the business. There was no notable financial impact, just excuses & opportunities and that is common across the country. In the last 3 years they’ve expanded the business with 29 new employees and a new premises.

That is dependent on each business and their respective financial viability & expenditure pre pandemic. It is the go to excuse though, for all businesses, one l work with particularly closely laid of 15 staff in the pandemic, because of the “financial impact to the business”. 3 months after lockdown they spent 7 million cash on upgrading assets. The 15 staff were the dead wood, the staff with long term “habits” not conducive to the business. There was no notable financial impact, just excuses & opportunities and that is common across the country. In the last 3 years they’ve expanded the business with 29 new employees and a new premises.

I agree totally with this my company did exactly the same blamed covid but its not affected them at all in fact I think it helped them especially during furlough as that was their quiet time during the year and the employees got paid by the government, it was win win for them even the ones they laid off their redundancy payments were 80% paid by goverment

all the bitching and moaning about the cost of this the cost of that.... simple choice if you don't want too pay it then dont. nobody is forcing you to do anything against your will.
lets just get behind the TEAM and enjoy the hockey

lloyd_jeff

all the bitching and moaning about the cost of this the cost of that.... simple choice if you don't want too pay it then dont. nobody is forcing you to do anything against your will.
lets just get behind the TEAM and enjoy the hockey
Absolutely, everyone is free to pay whatever they want for anything they choose & bitch & moan on a thread debating prices and not hockey.
The “moaning & bitching” is simply a debate concerning the disparity that comes from buying an inferior product at a premium price & being given a reason that is used across all businesses to justify increased profit margins. That premium price inevitably gets increased further when the product returns to its previous level, in this case pre covid, yet the cost in the case of Hockey remains far higher than pre covid for the same product. The “inflation” and “cost of living crisis” will return back to low levels and here is a gauntlet, will the business world then drop prices to reflect the drop in costs, no because they’ll use the excuse that they need to recover their costs. It’s a cycle repeated everywhere.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Just park on Level 7 of the Gantry, the ramp up is behind Pad 2. It's completely FREE !

The parking lot has 26,000 spaces, plus you get a free valet and courtesy bottle of Dom Perignon on arrival.

Also, if you'd like your car personally delivered 5 minutes before the end of the game (to beat the queue out of the sports village), that can be arranged free of charge.

Surprises me that only a few people use it!

Last edited:

Pondlife

Just park on Level 7 of the Gantry, the ramp up is behind Pad 2. It's completely FREE !

The parking lot has 26,000 spaces, plus you get a free valet and courtesy bottle of Dom Perignon on arrival.

Also, if you'd like your car personally delivered 5 minutes before the end of the game (to beat the queue out of the sports village), that can be arranged free of charge.

Surprises me that only a few people us it!

Is that Nigerian Prince still up there? The one trying to distribute the £Millions from his father's estate but nobody is replying to his emails? Poor guy can't catch a break.