Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2015/16

Chris

Administrator
Ocko said:
I would love Kurka back. He stood out in an awful team and was apparently very popular with his team mates, including Lord and Mo. He has serious skills and paired with the right players would be lethal.
This :)

We've seen the turnaround in a few of the other players who had the misfortune of playing for the Devils in 13/14, it'd be interesting to see how much better Kurka could be...

Mooney#16

Kurka signing would be insane. You could genuinely through a blanket over Devils top 8 forwards being in the league top 20 in scoring. Phenomenal fire power and would lead the league in scoring by a country mile. Whilst not convinced it's Kurka led to believe could well be a player of equal ability.

Believe Devils will be packing enough fire power. They just haven't shown there hand with the defence yet. If the last signings were to be say be Biz, Hotham and one of either Tyson or Hendo with Kurka and Mcgratten I think everyone would go absolutely of the charts excited. Not sure we've a budget for that just yet though. Steve? Now you did say if Todd asked nicely.

zoesdevil

SteveKing said:
Love having Mo back. One of the best offensive producers in the league and also one of the best defensively as well.

So by my calculation, that's all the forwards back except Myers, Mychan, Clarkson and Tahtinen - all of whom have now confirmed with other clubs. Doucet and Salters are in. So two new forwards left to be announced.

A Devils jersey signed by the two new forwards for anybody that correctly guesses who it will be!

Hopefully Tomas Kurka!!

Looking at ex-players, what are peoples thoughts on Mac Faulkner? Plays centre, posted excellent points in both seasons he was here and was also captain in his second season. The only downside is he's had a season off to return to uni...

Assuming the lines look something like this:

Lord - Martin - Morissette

Salters - Centre - Doucet

Haddad - Centre - Walton

I would worry that if we were to fill the second line centre slot with someone like Kurka, Salters would have his hands full looking after both him and Doucet throughout the season (although we could add toughness in defence). Another observation is Faulkner adds a little more strength on the puck and a direct forecheck in comparison to the stick handling skill set of Kurka... whether that's a pro or con I'm not so sure.

All i do know is, I'm looking forward to the season ahead and we've only signed 2/3 of the team :D

Wannabe2

The way it's going we will have three first lines, don't you just love this club, it's finally reaching the potential it has always deserved. Between the Owners, Management, and this awesome fan base the sky is the limit.
Happy Hockey Days

Mooney#16

CochBombay said:
No. Lordo, Mo and Joey will be the second line. I think!
Would you want to break up a proven line though?
Sorry by Joey I meant Martin not Haddad so keeping that line together. Just think we'll have another stacked line with Doucet on it. He a proven 50 goal scorer. You want that guy to see a fair amount of ice time. Actually think Haddad should be on Doucet line with Salters on with Wally.

Well If culligan don't come back I would be upset!!
Yes he had a injury but doesn't mean we got to drop the guy on his head because of that!
He helped us on d at the beginning of season and done a decent job there!
He then moved up to forward and put up decent points and also got us the winning goal in the cc final.
The guy also scored the best goal I have seen for years at the bbt.
He has bags of potential.

He is worth a second chance for sure as long as he is fit.

Have Hope#35

icehockeymad said:
Yes he had a injury but doesn't mean we got to drop the guy on his head because of that!
He then moved up to forward and put up decent points and also got us the winning goal in the cc final.

Not sure there's many that would disagree with your last line... But that's the important bit!

d20

What was Culligans injury and how bad was it as it seems people seem to think it will affect him signing, shame if not cos he had a great year , would love him back

SteveKing

Nothing in my post should have indicated that Cully isn't coming back. All I said was that 4 forwards have departed but only 2 new ones have been announced.

Ocko

icehockeymad said:

I don't think we'd 'drop him on his head'. I just think people have implied that he might not be fit to start the season. If he potentially out for a while then the club shouldn't sign him. It's not unfair, it's just the cold nature of professional sport. I'm sure the club have supported Cully regardless if they wanted him back or not.