Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

lloyd_jeff

Since no player was binned, one can only presume nobody within the club above the coach gave much care as too who did what. We sold out most games, so as long as this coming season more effort is put into having a team that at the least plays, it’s all good. Most people just wasted their money on the last two seasons.

Finny

Since no player was binned, one can only presume nobody within the club above the coach gave much care as too who did what. We sold out most games, so as long as this coming season more effort is put into having a team that at the least plays, it’s all good. Most people just wasted their money on the last two seasons.
Nobody was binned……other than Herrman and Fournier?

Nobody was binned……other than Herrman and Fournier?
To be fair, although you are correct in your reply to LJ, Herrman was nowhere near EIHL standard and hardly had any ice time in his short time with the club and Fournier’s off ice transgression left the club with no alternative other than to terminate his contract!
No under performing player was 'gassed', so in essence LJ has a point.

Pleximan

Well I agree with what you say up to a point, I think many of the knowledgeable hockey fans with a ST would say that their ST money to a large degree was somewhat wasted, but as for the pizza eating disco music new age Devils fans who are there to clap, money and results don't really factor, they just happy clap. The club probably are now targeting this demographic for the new season and less so the knowledgeable hockey fan with an opinion. Everyone has a choice to make.

Rempel16

It wasn’t to be this season, he got found out by the rest of the league and wasn’t so effective. But, he was a big part of our playoff win, and put up a huge performance in the final last year.

It was the right decision. Good luck to him!

Bit harsh that, he had a great season first season 31 goals, 9 goals more than the next devils player Sanford, fourth highest in league but he got found out to be a one trick pony which was easy to defend against from then on.
Can’t disagree his first season was impressive, but he tried to operate the second season in exactly the same manner with no improvement or enhancement on what he had to give/deliver. He became as easy to read as Janet and John.

A highly paid player whose contribution last season fell some way short of good value for money.

His constant gliding in to the bench on line changes from wherever he was on the ice when he determined felt his shift was to finish was poor attitude for a senior player and to my way of thinking, evidenced his priority as the name on the back of the jersey, not the badge on the front.

Honestly can’t say I’m gutted he’s going, but wish Brodie and his family the best for the future.

hip check

It wasn’t to be this season, he got found out by the rest of the league and wasn’t so effective. But, he was a big part of our playoff win, and put up a huge performance in the final last year.

It was the right decision. Good luck to him!
It's always a bit sad when a player that's worn the shirt for a couple of seasons leaves.
I personally wasn't impressed by his input into the team last season, he seemed to be coasting in many games and lacked any impact on games.
I'm glad that he's fixed himself up with a club for next season as often he looked like a square peg in a round hole playing for us, Angers playing style may suit his game better.

Pleximan

Brodie Reid moving on is good and needed to happen. He had a very good first season for Devils and put up a very 31+28 in 52 games, but his goals dropped right off last season once his trademark back post one timer was generally marked out by opposing teams.
I am sure he will re-ignite this weapon in Angers and good luck to him, but he really needs to add something else to his game or Angers fans will see the 2nd season Reid that we did.
Good news that he has moved on!

lloyd_jeff

Bit harsh that, he had a great season first season 31 goals, 9 goals more than the next devils player Sanford, fourth highest in league but he got found out to be a one trick pony which was easy to defend against from then on.
Boris Johnson did well in his first hour as PM…..