Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

Wannabe2

I honestly hope that he shoves my words where the sun don’t shine, as that would be good for all of us. I was just hoping to hear something today that was going to make my weekend , selfish though that may be and it didn’t happen. Anyway time to keep the faith, I was hoping for lots of changes and they can’t all be Mutts Nutts.

The_Stick_

The big signings will come later in the summer. Most of the big name players will be looking for offers elsewhere, and will then only consider the Elite League if the offers in Austria/Germany etc aren’t there

Swarley

Honestly don't even remember him playing for storm last season at all.

I'll give the coach the same benefit I did dupont and see what he makes of them during the season.

Interesting signing. What I’m more interested in, is who won’t be signing as a result of this one?
Agree, wonder who he's replacing, plays right wing, so Sanford, Pietroniro, Brandt, we've also been linked to Ully who is also right wing.
I played fantasy EIHL last season and Barrow was often in my team, he linked really well with Ohrvall both racked up the points, think he'll do well for us

Slartibartfast

Screams of a Penny type signing. Good for a lower team in the league but for a title contending team, no. Didn’t really notice him and the fact he spent a lot of last season injured is a bit concerning. Hoping to be proved wrong but a bit underwhelmed
This guy scored 7 more points in 30 games than Penny did in 50 games. I would say he is better than Penny.

TL91

This guy scored 7 more points in 30 games than Penny did in 50 games. I would say he is better than Penny.
What line was he on for Storm? Assume he got more minutes. Personally think some pretty decent stats. Don’t get the doom and gloom on here it’s as if they’re used to signing players to million pound contracts and now we all of a sudden don’t

What line was he on for Storm? Assume he got more minutes. Personally think some pretty decent stats. Don’t get the doom and gloom on here it’s as if they’re used to signing players to million pound contracts and now we all of a sudden don’t
In fairness I think there’s only been one, maybe two negative comments.
I’m looking forward to seeing how he fits into the lineup and how he goes

Finny

Going through the stats from last year, it looks like he started the season on the third line. Within a couple of weeks was moved up to the second line and then by January was on the 1st line before getting injured.

That‘s pretty impressive.

Finny

Not blown away sorry, hope I’m wrong but don’t do it for me.
What were your thoughts when we signed Justin Faryna?

Ok they don’t play the exact same style of hockey - but there are similarities In that they didn’t have big careers until a lower EIHL team took a chance on them and it turned out they were suited to EIHL hockey.

Going through the stats from last year, it looks like he started the season on the third line. Within a couple of weeks was moved up to the second line and then by January was on the 1st line before getting injured.

That‘s pretty impressive.
I think disregard the line numbers for Storm on the game sheets, Barrow & Ohrvall were on the first line from very early on in the season, although the centre was switched up a bit early doors

jenks33

I think disregard the line numbers for Storm on the game sheets, Barrow & Ohrvall were on the first line from very early on in the season, although the centre was switched up a bit early doors
What was the injury that ended his season? Was it in a game?

Finny

Must admit I couldn’t initially remember him, until I watched some videos tonight. He wore 18 but because of Storm’s stupid horizontal line on their jersey we kept mixing up his number with other players. Which was annoying as he was heavily involved in most of their play.

Watching videos of him he’s a fast skater with a pretty good finish but also willing to drive the net and score where it hurts. Quite a few of his goals were dirty goals where he has followed up the initial save. Including on the PP where he was often in front of the net. A novel approach which we might want to try this season.

When Storm signed him last year they said he turned down contracts from bigger EIHL teams to play a bigger roll with them. I wonder if that included us with the King connection. The fact he came to Cardiff before the summer to meet Martin and Todd suggests he was an early target.

The more I read and see of him the more excited I am and backs up the type of team I’m expecting to see from Pete Russell. Younger, faster, hungrier and playing with an edge.

Im assuming he’ll start on 3rd line so at least Waller with have one guy on his line who can keep up with him.