Cardiff Devils Release...

DevilsPete said:
DevilDom said:
Is this another "I know something you don't post" that people love putting on here? The press release says it was G's decision, but if you know something different then please feel free to share with us all.
Of course it is.

There's all these people with their own fanbases on twitter and facebook lining up to moan about Brent and Ragan but they're terrified of actually saying either name incase they lose whatever is in it for them at the moment.

If another player is released just wait for the hordes of people to jump on the bandwagon and have a moan about the 'management' without actually saying anything.

They're all happy to say something to their friends, on twitter or on here but would they actually name names on here? Would they balls.

Ok here you go, i have no faith in the ability of RAGAN and POPE to get this club where it should be, good enough for you. They get my no confidence vote

TheStub

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Ok here you go, i have no faith in the ability of RAGAN and POPE to get this club where it should be, good enough for you. They get my no confidence vote
Out of interest, why?

From my point of view, I can see some of the good and the bad of what the back office are doing - but you can't hang anything on how they are treating G, because G isn't performing.

If G was getting closer, and competing, and they were intervening, then you can moan until the cows come home - but as it stands G isn't shuffling his deck in a way to make things happen, and if I owned the team I'd be spitting feathers.

Have Hope#35

Thread starter #43
David Simms said:
Question, why would a coach make his team weaker? think about that before you question this move. This isn't a coaching move, it can't be. This move has come from upstairs.
Who's to say Phil Hill's wages don't get spent on an incredible import though... Even though we'd be a body down (as G would have to Bench Coach) would that necessarily make us weaker?

That's why in an earlier post I said I'd wait to see if he's replaced before I make a judgement on this call... At the moment it looks rash!

TheStub said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
Out of interest, why?

From my point of view, I can see some of the good and the bad of what the back office are doing - but you can't hang anything on how they are treating G, because G isn't performing.

If G was getting closer, and competing, and they were intervening, then you can moan until the cows come home - but as it stands G isn't shuffling his deck in a way to make things happen, and if I owned the team I'd be spitting feathers.

Because its all about the money, totally understand it need business to run club but I think its gone too far the other way now.

If it was the away results and performances that were letting the side down, I don't think they would care, because its the home ones it affects the income more. We don't know how restricted G has actually been because G will allways put out the club line. Loyalty should work two ways

BostonBart22

sorry to see phil go after his loyalty to the club all these years, my advice step down a league like ben did and come back a stronger player. shame really he would have been up for a testimonial with the devils as well. :cry:

Kipper

BostonBart22 said:
sorry to see phil go after his loyalty to the club all these years, my advice step down a league like ben did and come back a stronger player. shame really he would have been up for a testimonial with the devils as well. :cry:
Step down a league?? You alright are you? He is a proven GB international and proven top end Brit over many years. He certainly has no need to step down a league as he won't be short of offers.

Firstly I want to thank Phil for his time here great servant to the club the club means alot to him being a local lad not only the main team but you would often find him down the rink training the younger players and helping out so gives alot to the club other than just playing

I dont think Phil was the main problem with the team far from it but but Phil might be the kick up the arse all the rest need as he was far from the worst player we had and it shows that G is now under pressure to produce a top team. OK things have gone against us as in the goalie being out then conboy being banned which puts us on the back foot and morale goes down then but these guys are payed to play not just turn up so fingers crossed they all wake up and work together as a team

I just hope Phil gets a good team to play for as he deserves but he dont come back to bite us :DWD

Ocko

If it was a Brent Pope and Paul Regan decision then surely G would resign for sure. That is an incredibly undermining decision that surely G wouldnt stand for, if he does then more fool him. Once again people are looking for an excuse to blame PR or BP, if G feels that Phil hasn't justified of his wage (I am not privvy to whether its high or low) and has taken action to rectify that by making changes for the good of the team then well done G.

Phil wasn't performing there are no two ways about it. Unfortunately there is little room for sentiment in sport no matter how much the fans would like it to be and G is a coach under pressure that has to make changes.

We are crap at the moment, there are no two ways about it and no excuses either. It isnt PR's fault and it isnt BP's fault, if the team recruited isnt good enough then thats a coaching fault. if the team recruited are good enough and are not performing then again its a coaching fault. G is responsible for a failing team and has taken action, where is the conspiracy in that? Its hardly like our top performing player has been gassed for no reason, its a player likely to be a higher earner on the team who isnt playing well.

I think Phil has struggled because he is out of his comfort zone. He played on a line with Voth for years and then in amongst those seasons Stu joined that line so this is the first time probably since 2005 (with the exception of his time in Sheffield) that Phil has been on an all new line.

Thanks for your efforts Phil and good luck with whatever you do next.

TheStub said:
To me this smells of a hockey decision and hopefully we'll see another import, G on the bench and the young Brits taking the minutes that they've earned.
Exactly my sentimonies. Shocked it was Hill though. Local boy and all that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free

Sheincar

Ocko said:
If it was a Brent Pope and Paul Regan decision then surely G would resign for sure. That is an incredibly undermining decision that surely G wouldnt stand for, if he does then more fool him. Once again people are looking for an excuse to blame PR or BP, if G feels that Phil hasn't justified of his wage (I am not privvy to whether its high or low) and has taken action to rectify that by making changes for the good of the team then well done G.

Phil wasn't performing there are no two ways about it. Unfortunately there is little room for sentiment in sport no matter how much the fans would like it to be and G is a coach under pressure that has to make changes.

We are crap at the moment, there are no two ways about it and no excuses either. It isnt PR's fault and it isnt BP's fault, if the team recruited isnt good enough then thats a coaching fault. if the team recruited are good enough and are not performing then again its a coaching fault. G is responsible for a failing team and has taken action, where is the conspiracy in that? Its hardly like our top performing player has been gassed for no reason, its a player likely to be a higher earner on the team who isnt playing well.

I think Phil has struggled because he is out of his comfort zone. He played on a line with Voth for years and then in amongst those seasons Stu joined that line so this is the first time probably since 2005 (with the exception of his time in Sheffield) that Phil has been on an all new line.

Thanks for your efforts Phil and good luck with whatever you do next.
He may not have been putting on a performance but he was adding points. He will find a new team & hopefully it will be a more enjoyable experience than playing here seems to have become.

Personally I don't trust Ragan & Pope any further than I can throw them but they're what we're stuck with & TBH I wouldn't be shocked if G walked.

Ocko said:
If it was a Brent Pope and Paul Regan decision then surely G would resign for sure. That is an incredibly undermining decision that surely G wouldnt stand for, if he does then more fool him
Its not always that black and white though. Gerad has a young family and if he walked away from the Devils ( Not that I would blame him IF Ragan/Pope are making decisions) I doubt he would land another coaching/playing job easily as our sport is very small. There are lots of people who are in jobs they get frustrated with but stay because finances dictate.

I have no idea why Phil was sacked and deep down it has made me realise how tired I am with all the politics surrounding the club as I no longer am shocked or even that bothered what happens anymore, which saddens me :-(.

Ocko

So long as we re-invest his wages into a decent signing I think the team could be better off. Sometimes tough decisions that get fans a bit emotional at the time end up the best for the club. Look at when the Panthers didnt their re-sign their Captain, Danny Meyers, there was outcry throughout UK hockey. They re-invested his high wage and went on to win everything worth winning last year without so much of a mention of him from September onwards.

Earnie

There were plenty insinuations on Inferno as to who (plural) was underperforming. I hope there is happiness in your camp.
Now lets see what happens. Shifting Ross made no differance as far as I could see.