Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants - 29/03 - 6:30pm - 2nd leg

All I can say is congratulations and well done!!

I've been following the team all season and have to say your team has put up with a lot (good and bad) and really worked its collective rear ends off to get this far. That is fantastic. You, the fans deserve the chance to cheer the guys on.

Off to Nottingham now for the real prize.

The best of luck to the fans and the team.

E.D.S.

TenbyDevil said:
one highlight for me last night was Hillys mid-ice check on Macmillan, didnt have a clue what hit him xD
An absolute peach!! and the best bit was the playback on the screens afterwards and the cheering!!
Koop (as always) pretty much summed it up for me. Phil Hill was immense and Elich was a cut above, his work rate on the penalty kill was phenomenal and it was great to see him trying to get the crowd going after a shift, that shows me his dedicated to the casue! Great player.
Jay played well but his misconduct penalty clouds his performance - he simply can't do that! I want passion and commitment but he over stepped the mark and needs to keep this in check. If that had gone to a shoot out we would've had one our shooters in the changing room!
Can't wait to see the reaction around the elite league when they see that the villain and down right goon of the league scored the winner - who thought that that man could play I thought he was just a fighter!!! Idiots! How great is it that Mr Cardiff got the last goal of the season and the winner that sends us to the playoffs! Vother had to put up with a hell of lot all season and it just seems fitting that he get the winner. He's been on the receiving end of some cheap shots (he doesn't dish out the cheap shots as one clueless Belfast fan posted on another thread, when you're that big and powerful you don't need cheap shots) and has been treated harshly on many occasions. I'll be the first to admit that he isn't totally innocent but he doesn't do cheap shots, he doesn't cheat and he gives it everything! Thank you Mr Voth.
Bonifarce was poor, it's not so much what he called that got me but it was what he didn't call, he was inconsistent. I honestly believe that he thinks I've paid to watch him - clown!
Aubs was solid but our D looks so slow and I worry about that on the big ice in Nottingham. The good thing about playing the Squeelers is that it'll be the shortest team talk that G will have to give - what do you need to say to a group of players that are playing the semi finals against Steelers - it's simple.....just go out and do them! And please please please Mr Sharp, I've handed over the best part of £70 that I work my backside off for just for the playoff tickets, please do me and all over hockey lovers making their way to Nottingham a favour and keep that poor excuse for talent firmly glued to the bench all game!!
Oh and finally, thanks to the Inferno guys. I live away and rely on the MNL updates for my scores, you do a top job- thanks guys.
Thanks Devils for a great end to the season, they'll be a party in Nottingham whatever happens!
C'mon DEvils!!

E.D.S.

Chris Stone said:
I'll rephrase :)

How awesome is it that Voth had the winning goals on both Saturday and Sundays games :)

Chris.
Nicely done. Thank you.

Oh and by the way, whilst I'd hate to direct traffic from this site onto another siee, you've to read the Steelers forum. Under the "Sheffield V Cardiff. Playoff Semi Final" thread they are banging on about the "Devils Dirtiness" - let me just put that into some context....The Sheffield Steelers which boast the fantastically gifted Mr Sharp in their ranks are posting about "Cardiff's Dirtiness"!!!!!!!!!!! Physical....yes.......Dirty......No!! Sharps attempted spear, Dangerknees kneeing of Silver and Jody's punching with his blocker were all jolly sporting incidents that should be applauded!! Classless, clueless, mindless Steelers - I'm sure I could make that into a song!!

WOW! :eek: :D
I have gotta say that was an ice-hockey game to remember! The atmosphere was emmence, the fans were amazing and i loved every second of it. Not really seen a game like that since that CC final against coventry in 06 (i also still have that poster up :L). I spent the whole day over excited about the game, and very nervous of the pressure the devils were facing, my nails were bitten before it started and today my throat is killing, serious :lol: , i have never shouted so much in my entire life. It was nice to see a very full crowd, its a big change and hopefully everyone will join us next season too. Also was good to look over a block towards the drummers and see the bison drummers too, its very good of them to come and support us yet again, and they will be missed. ;)
Sooo glad Voth is coming back next season 'he said in the program that, he wondered if cardiff would ever ged rid of him' i really hope not, and i deff think now that my £45 spent on his name on my shirt was well worth it, Expesially after the two winning goals on saturday and sunday. :p

Gutted really, that i have to miss the playoffs this year, counting on the-inferno all the way!
Watch out the red army are coming!
and Cardiff are bringing home the cup!
:twisted: