Cardiff - European Capital of Sport 2014

osh

Thread starter #1
Yep, Cardiff announced as the European Capital of Sport 2014, and it won the award despite not having a long awaited - and much delayed - new ice arena !!! No mention of ice hockey in the write up, but fair play Australian Rules football got a mention :DWD

Didn't they mention a while back that when Cardiff was announced the European Capital of Sport 2014, That a NHL game may be on the cards to be played in the Millenium Stadium?
Any news on that or have I missed out on a previous comment/post about it all?

rolf

I wonder if those awarding this honour came and looked at the flats being erected bang in the middle of the sports village whilst they were cogitating on where to bestow this? It's almost ironic really or am I just a maggot?

rolf

That just makes it worse, they have had 30 months to add some sporting attractions into the sports village. Brent has done his bit by installing some ping pong I suppose.

osh

Thread starter #6
Sheincar said:
Sorry but this isn't news. The announcement was made 2 1/2 years ago.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdo ... 06238.html
It is news, albeit over 2 yrs old. I mentioned it as a scrutiny committee at CCC were discussing this on 3rd of this month and they visited Brussels to officially receive the award this week. So, very much news. Perhaps someone can copy and paste the minutes of that meeting.

osh

Thread starter #7
osh said:
Sheincar said:
Sorry but this isn't news. The announcement was made 2 1/2 years ago.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdo ... 06238.html
It is news, albeit over 2 yrs old. I mentioned it as a scrutiny committee at CCC were discussing this on 3rd of this month and they visited Brussels to officially receive the award this week. So, very much news. Perhaps someone can copy and paste the minutes of that meeting.
Sorry, the scrutiny meeting was held on 3rd October, not this month!